News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 glove box

Started by hipeross, October 16, 2010, 03:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hipeross

Hello All,

I have a 68 charger that I have been working on for the last year.  The dash was gutted and I'm trying to install the dash glove box but have not sure how.  If anyone has photos of the hinge I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

David

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hipeross on October 16, 2010, 03:57:20 PM
Hello All,

I have a 68 charger that I have been working on for the last year.  The dash was gutted and I'm trying to install the dash glove box but have not sure how.  If anyone has photos of the hinge I would greatly appreciate it.  

Thanks,

David
Do a search listing " glove box, " under this interior section and see what comes up?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=search2
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

twodko

Hey David,

Timely post as I just put the glove box back in my 69. I believe 68's are the same. If your dash is already apart the box should be easy...........easier anyway The box edges fit on the outside of the dash opening flanges......this is so the screws pass through the holes in the flanges into the clips attached to the box itself. The glove box door's hinge sits on top of the glove box and its screws pass through the dash opening's flanges through cutouts on the box itself and into the hinge. Sounds complicated but its really just a PITA. Remove the glove box door from the hinge and then remove the hinge. Taking the passenger seat out gives you sorely needed wiggle room and if you need to restore your heater box do that first, re-install and then tackle the glove box. I slipped the box's RH end in the opening first then gently squeezed/cokest the LH end in. At this point I burned through every bad nasty disgusting word I know getting the %$##@! box in place.
You will get ther just be patient. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!