News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Charger Calendar for 2011

Started by bull, August 03, 2010, 03:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

Thanks bakerhillpins. I never thought it was a good one, not a profesional pic by sure. There is another one taken on same beach, but frontal view of the car. Is posted... somewhere LOL

it was taken on a vacation trip to Margarita Island, last year in holy week.

Thanks Curtis for the selection

do you need a bigger resolution version ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob T

Hey Nacho, I thought it was an exceptional picture as well , just had that whole feel good beach vibe going on , but yeah bull, keep some tricks up your sleeve mate, leave some as a surprise  ;D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Nacho-RT74

there is just a couple of thing I don't like on that pic... and they are, the stone close to rear left side tire, and the reflection on tail lights... also the car to much to the left side.

sorry I'm a "perfectionist"! LOL... ( 17 sept, Virgo )

but with the semi pro cam I will get in 3 weeks or so, will take some lessons :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

bull

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 07, 2010, 03:16:07 PM
there is just a couple of thing I don't like on that pic... and they are, the stone close to rear left side tire, and the reflection on tail lights... also the car to much to the left side.

sorry I'm a "perfectionist"! LOL... ( 17 sept, Virgo )

but with the semi pro cam I will get in 3 weeks or so, will take some lessons :D

I agree with you about the rock but not the framing. It is quite a ways off to the left but it's still the main focus of the pic. IMO that part of it is perfect.

mikepmcs

Nobody asked but i'll give my opinion on a couple pictures.
Chris' car is a no brainer. I'd like to see the car from an angled elevated position with some callout action.   :icon_smile_big:
Mikey's picture is mint with the motion and the whole concept, etc... It's what the car is that makes this one a keeper.
That white car under Mikey's is awesome too.  Wish it wasn't next to a building though.  But still a keeper cause it's just flat good looking.
4th car (kcedar) perfect picture almost(those two metal things on the right are distracting to me)  I'd like to see a little more contrast but that is framed beautifully for the most part.
Birkhom 1 is no question to me. I'd like to have seen a little less cropping on that one to be honest but the front view wins hands down IMHO.
Beeman's is a keeper.
Nacho's is blown out, too much sun and not enough detail in the picture.  So, I agree with him in the regard that this does not show that 3rd generation in the best light if you will. As far as the car being off center, it follows the rule of thirds so in that aspect it's correct to me.  Could be at a better angle though cause it doesn't showcase the lines of the car like it could.
ODZKing's 67' is a good representation for the 1st gen bubbas. Great "Bokeh" in the background keeps the focus on the car.
The green 3rd gen.  Great looking car.  Those blue doors take away from the picture IMHO.  Does the owner have another shot similar about 10 feet forward?
That black and white of the 68 would be good if it had some work done to bring out the different shades of b/w.

These are strictly my opinions and I am in no way trying to offend anyone because your cars are all nicer than mine I'm sure. I'm just giving my opinion merely on my initial thoughts when I saw these pictures.  If I were in a store looking at a calendar, these are the things I would see.

No picture of Jeff's General Lee? I think that would be a great addition to your calendar. He might be under contract by now though.  ;D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChgrSteve67

No group shots from DC.com events?

I know there were a few this year.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73347.0.html

-Steve (just causing more confusion)

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on October 05, 2010, 11:54:49 AM
3. taken by Chris but I don't know the owner(s)

That Charger in the reflection is smoking hot.  :smoke:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on October 07, 2010, 07:01:59 PM
Quote from: bull on October 05, 2010, 11:54:49 AM
3. taken by Chris but I don't know the owner(s)

That Charger in the reflection is smoking hot.  :smoke:

More like Burning....

Ill let him post his own pic.

PS---thanks Curtis for the nod on the pic.  I wasnt expecting to be in it this year.   Let us know when you go to print
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cudacharger

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 07, 2010, 04:06:34 PM
Nacho's is blown out, too much sun and not enough detail in the picture.  So, I agree with him in the regard that this does not show that 3rd generation in the best light if you will. As far as the car being off center, it follows the rule of thirds so in that aspect it's correct to me.  Could be at a better angle though cause it doesn't showcase the lines of the car like it could.

yes I'm agree with you. I know it was something wrong about the light but didn't know exactly what it was. I was trying to focus more on the sun reflection allong the body side like many pics I have seen. That's the reason to that angle.

I liked the idea out of center so I went for that, but I think it was too much.

It was taken with a pretty much basic $150 Sony Cibershot camera, and I didn't play a lot with the functions. Didn't have time, the sun was going down really fast LOL.

I don't think is a bad pic thought, but not the best as posible to capture every detail. With experience it could be, but was not the case;D

Hey, I'm being just autocritic Bull, on a "profesional" way... but if you like Go ahead ;). I will be PLENTLY happy being selected ;D

after all I want to learnt a little bit of photography. Thanks mikepmcs!!!

THE COLONEL

I know I am too late for this, but here are my two favs for my car.

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"