News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone recognise this car?

Started by lookin@my68, December 28, 2005, 02:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

I would buy a car like that, but i would not spend more than $ 10 or 12K on it
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

janimm

Cruise control buttons are at the turn signal lever.

EDIT: Added R0: "AM 8-Track Radio" to the decoder.

lookin@my68

Quote from: smasherofall on December 29, 2005, 09:22:20 AM
looks like just surface rust, pretty solid, wouldn't take much to fix it up, but $23,000 sounds a bit much :P

Quote from: wantacharger on December 29, 2005, 10:17:58 AM
I would buy a car like that, but i would not spend more than $ 10 or 12K on it

Anyone else?? How much would you guys pay for it??  :icon_smile_question:

PocketThunder

If it was a 4-speed car i would go $15~$20,000.  Being that its a column shift auto and its Green! i'd say $10~15,000. 

that article that DodgeChargerGuy just posted said that R/Ts in #3 condition are in the upper $20's..  it'll take a 10,000 paint job to bring this car into the upper 20's.   So at $15,000 + paint and misc, (another $15,000) = you have a going rate high $20's #3 car....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ck1

$23,000 is to much
its too rusty, thats just not surface rust....
its not complete
it looks like mass bondo in passanger side
  I guess I'm crazy and don't know how much these cars are worth anymore in that condition, it is   a project, needing total restoration, and $23,000 seems to be asking price for a well kept running driving good condition R/T maybe not restored, but in great shape.   maybe $8,000 if I had the money, and thats only because its a R/T, but it would have to be numbers matching fender tag, Vin, and build sheet car............
CJK

six-tee-nine

sure.....

I would only buy because it's an R/T if it was anything else, i would look further for a better car.

And if you're able to spend 23 K then you can find lots of more decent cars.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

472 R/T SE

Quote from: lookin4a68 on December 29, 2005, 08:40:57 AM
but getting a $20 k US car from the US to Australia would cost about another 5 grand in taxes and shipping...

So if I understand the above statement correct, you're asking if the car is a $18k car over here.  And to that I would say no.

You just as well figure the shipping,taxes into the asking price right off the bat.  The seller automatically is gonna charge you for ALL that & quite possibly a percentage.  You can't expect him to do it for free.

I think there's a big difference what we'd pay versus what you guys "have" to pay over there.  Are you settling for a car because it's already there and you're too afraid to get what you want because it would be sight unseen, and you'd be resposible for getting it over there?

I sold my Super Bee to a mate in Australia so I kind of have an idea what you pay to get a car there.

Blown70

I think too much for what it is.  No worth 23,000.  To me no more than 15,000.  However some people with have a THING for a car and spend more.  your choice.  I have seen better cars on here for sale DONE same price or cheaper.

you do not have STOCK intake, Carb, Air cleaner, or valve covers.  If you want it to be stock.

I would say pass.

Tom

charger Downunder

ITs worth about 20 k Australian dollars Save up a bit more and buy a good one for about 27 k us by the time you get it here a 27 k us car will cost you aprox 50 k aussie dollars. Theirs a fair few in Australia even right hand drive ones .
[/quote]

lookin@my68

Thanks for all your opinions guys - I agree I think it is a little pricey - I'm going to pass on it - if it was running and complete I would have bought it no problems...I don't want to rush in and buy 'the wrong car'

So if I understand the above statement correct, you're asking if the car is a $18k car over here.   And to that I would say no.

You just as well figure the shipping,taxes into the asking price right off the bat.   The seller automatically is gonna charge you for ALL that & quite possibly a percentage.   You can't expect him to do it for free.

I think there's a big difference what we'd pay versus what you guys "have" to pay over there.   Are you settling for a car because it's already there and you're too afraid to get what you want because it would be sight unseen, and you'd be resposible for getting it over there?

I sold my Super Bee to a mate in Australia so I kind of have an idea what you pay to get a car there.

I think you hit the nail on the head AllBlueRT, I was starting to 'settle' on a car I wasn't %100 happy with just because it was already here...buying a car sight unseen is a worry - you can never be sure what you are going to get...so it being here seemed to be a bonus.

The guy seems honest enough and I don't begrudge him making a cut on the car... after all like you said I would also be paying for the service of getting it here and him finding it in the first place...I would not, and don't expect those services to be free... This particular car is just not the right car for me at this time...So I'll keep looking and wait until the right one comes along...one thing I do have is time... ^-^In the meantime I'll be asking you guys a few questions - you're a helpful lot who know their stuff  - THANKS!

Still lookin4a68...  ::)

Danny

Blown70

Danny

There is a FOR SALE section here.  TO be honest page through,  You will see some nice DONE cars for 20,000 + range.  I would check there to start. 

We help when we can... at least most of us do... :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

rare69

we take living in the great usa for granted when it comes to easy access to old iron i would imagine its a little tuffer finding a real R/T where your located.if you have the money and like the car buy it and enjoy. if not keep looking and hope for the best.

lookin@my68

Quote from: Blown70 on December 29, 2005, 11:22:03 PM
EXAMPLE IN THE FOR SALE SECTION NOW

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7123.0.html

23,000 OBO (or best offer)

Saw that car and have thought about it a number of times - very nice - not sure about the colour but would let it sit in my garage!!... I guess the car over here clouded my judgment a little as it was an RT- its hard to know how much more these are worth in average condition over a 383 car...

Blown70

Yes, I was just showing you that you could have a DONE car for the price.  I will say this do not be in a hurry.  Well do not take forever either.  You will find the right deal soon.

Tom