News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1959 plymouth carshase scene from europe( old movie )

Started by kokxville, October 11, 2010, 01:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Black Charger

That old Plymouth kind of reminds me of Christine, especially with its "too tough to die" attitude.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RallyeMike

The car chase is one of the best I have seen. I love the two cars going down the stairs, and it's some real time smash-em up risky driving. But it's got HUGE problems...

First, the Plymouth does not have 59 tail lights. It appears to be a 58. Did they think nobody would notice when the 58 2-door Plymouth changed into a 4-door 60 Dodge for the heavy hitting? While I'm glad they didn't destroy the Plymouth, come on! The cars are not even close to similar. It appears they grafted some fake fins on the 60 Dodge, but you can still see remnants of the original 60 Dodge fins too.

And then when the Plymouth jumps the bridge in the final scene it turns back into a pristine, unmangled 2-door Plymouth again.  :badidea:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

aussiemuscle

Did you notice when the plymouth does a power slide the fuel sloshing out the fuel door? it looks like a hand full to drive like that..

what sort of car is the blue one? looks like an opel diplomat.

at least it looks like they are going fast. new movies don't capture that sort of raw speed look.

Mike DC

QuoteFirst, the Plymouth does not have 59 tail lights. It appears to be a 58. Did they think nobody would notice when the 58 2-door Plymouth changed into a 4-door 60 Dodge for the heavy hitting? While I'm glad they didn't destroy the Plymouth, come on! The cars are not even close to similar. It appears they grafted some fake fins on the 60 Dodge, but you can still see remnants of the original 60 Dodge fins too.

Not many people know classic Mopars like we do.  I'll bet very few viewers noticed the different cars when the movie was in theaters in 1972.  

This flick is from before VCRs, DVDs, Youtube, etc.  Continuity/editing standards were much looser back then.  People had no way to sit at home and pick movie footage apart frame-by-frame until decades later.  

The old stuff looks cheap to us now, but higher production budgets also work against creative risk-taking.  Hence all the remakes & sequels year after year.