News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dual plane vs Single plane

Started by BBKNARF, October 02, 2010, 08:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBKNARF

For the gear heads out there, I'm running a Eddie perf. rpm dual plane intake (ported) great for the street and track great bottom end torque, will there be any differants in ET at the track if I switch to a Eddie Victor single plane  :shruggy:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Ghoste

Your car seems to be working pretty good already. ;)  But to answer your question, it might.  The Performer RPM is a good piece and the Victor certainly flows better.  You seem to have a cam to take advantage of it so...

Challenger340

Geez, thats a tough one !
It gonna depend strictly upon how it works with your combo I suspect ?

I've seen it where a Guy WILL pick up some mph, but lost ET on the timeslip, covering off slightly reduced short times(60ft), and 330'.

Remember, anything lost in 60' time, basically "double it" off the Timeslip E.T., even on the same mph.

Gonna have to try it to know for sure, but I suspect it won't pick up any if at all ET wise ? because you are probably shifting at what ? 6k or thereabouts now on the 4.10 cogs ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !