News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger 15" Mags

Started by Als73charger, September 11, 2010, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als73charger

Just picked up a set of aluminum wheels 2 14" and 2 15x8.5". The bolt pattern is really tight and I am having problems. The guy I bought them from said they were too big for his 72 Challenger, but said they would be fine on my car. I have 10" drums on the rear. I do not want to have to grind out the holes, so I can get the lug nuts on.  HELP!

HPP

Hate to say it, but you might have been duped. If the bolt pattern is too small, chances are you have an early A body set of wheels as they are 5 on 4" bolt circle. If they are too big, you may have chevy rims, 5 on 4.75" bolt circle.

FWIW, you can fit a 10" wide rim under a Challenger, so I don't see how an 8.5" would be too big. Just an odd statement that may demostrate the sellers prime motivation was to unload the wheels quickly.

Als73charger

Well, I have managed to find some more of the offset adapters. Hopefully, they will work out for me. Al