News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some serious Help guys

Started by PAPO81, August 12, 2010, 05:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPO81

I love this forum, I have used all of the ideas you have suggested but know I have a serious problem. I have aftermarket tires and rims on my black charger, have had them for over a year. A few days ago I felt a strange vibrating, gave to the alignment. I took a 3 hour road trip to long beach california where the problem got worse and worse drove back with the car, thinking it was a wrap rotor, today I lifted the car and this is what I find, the control arm bushing bolt is digging into my tire completely ruining it. What caused this problem, and it's only on this side and how do I fix it? I added the link to snapfish photos because I wanted you guy's to see the high resolution pictures of the problem, any help, and average cost would help. My car was perfect until it reached the 63k mile mark. I bought it brand new with 1 mile on it, I didn't get the srt or Daytona but I bought the one with all the bells and withsles, the premium sound, nav, bluetooth, heated seats, pedal adjustments etc etc. once I hit the 63k mile my shift lever, well something broke, where I had to dismantle it and manually disangage to get it to shift. I found this little piece of pink plastic with a spring that was broken, when I went to the dealer to get the piece they told me that I had to purchse all the unit at 127. I love my car, I just want it to run like before.

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1897552026/a=3572925026_3572925026/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

69bronzeT5

To be honest, you might get an answer faster at http://www.chargerforums.com/ . This site is mainly focused on old Chargers however I'm sure you will get an answer here too since we got a lot of new Charger owners on board. All I can say is it definitley sucks when something happens regarding a part dragging on your tire. I put brand new BF Goodrich Radial T/As on my Duster and I put about 500 km's on it before I realized the leaf spring bracket was dragging on the backside and was starting to dig a deep gouge in the back. :rotz: I managed to catch it before it ruined it though.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PAPO81

was the picture link at least working?

doctor4766

Works but you gotta sign up for snapfish before you can see it (which I didn't do)
Gotta love a '69

ACUDANUT

Yea, I had to sign up too.  :brickwall: FORGET IT.

jeryst

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 12, 2010, 05:31:50 PM
Works but you gotta sign up for snapfish before you can see it (which I didn't do)

Same here. Better find another way to post your pics.