News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New "SuperBird"???

Started by Dave Kanofsky, August 05, 2010, 07:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

wonder what one would look like MAUVE...........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Grim Jhaixus

The size is all wrong. Superbirds were huge cars about a mile long, by comparison that car in the picture is almost a shopping cart.

You know what? Put it in the trunk of a 70 Superbird, it might make a cool escape pod.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi-hampton

They should of used the new Cuda(converted challenger) for the plymouth superbird. LEON.

superbirdtom

the blue concept car with the 71 runner strobe stripes also has the 71 runner fender and quarter wheelwel bludges  so its closer to a goyette machine .  but anything  superbird honoring is great

SBBob

WOW!!! I would drive one in a second.  Seems like I am hearing the same story that was said back in 1970 - these cars are to gaudy for the street.  As for the Dodge Vs. Plymouth as we all know the Superbirds used the 70 Coronet fenders and hoods to make the package work - that made them 1/2 Dodge back then and none of us are complaining about that.  If it makes Bill France turn over in his grave then it is a good thing to me.  I like being different and if I wanted to drive what everyone else does I would get a Stang or Camero - but when I drive down the street I never see another wing car unless I am going to a MOPAR show.   
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

hotrod98

That's why I was surprised that some of these guys were dissing the cars. That's exactly what happened in 69 and 70. I guess I just expect more from Mopar people.  ;D
My superbird was a conglomeration of parts from the beginning and I love it.
I repeat...I would definitely drive one of those cars.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 19, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
That's why I was surprised that some of these guys were dissing the cars. That's exactly what happened in 69 and 70. I guess I just expect more from Mopar people.  ;D
My superbird was a conglomeration of parts from the beginning and I love it.
I repeat...I would definitely drive one of those cars.
I love superbird and daytona ,  but I hate the looks of that thing .
Maybe if it was factory designed , but I just think it looks tacky   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SFRT

those look GREAT! I'd drive it!
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

62 Max

Nothing like the real thing.

moparstuart

hotrod98

Too bad the general public doesn't always agree with us. I've even had a couple of people ask me why I ricered up a perfectly good roadrunner. Most of the people at the car shows and cruises nowadays are too young to remember the winged cars. Even most of the older folks have never seen a wing car and never realized that the factory built them. I have to explain the car to just about everyone.

Kids today can go down to a dealership and buy a new car that can whoop our butts at the dragstrip and the road course with the a/c and cruise control on so they could care less about these old relics.
We're slowly becoming fossils.

The most asked question about my bird is "what is it".  ;D

Charles Addams

41husk

I here you Larry, I even have to explain the Daytona to older car guys at shows and cruizes.  I also have peole ask after I tell them I have a Super Bee replica, "thats the one with the big wing and pointy nose?"  I am afraid I was becoming a relic long before that.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on August 23, 2010, 01:39:35 PM
I here you Larry, I even have to explain the Daytona to older car guys at shows and cruizes.  I also have peole ask after I tell them I have a Super Bee replica, "thats the one with the big wing and pointy nose?"  I am afraid I was becoming a relic long before that.
those are the people I tell that my car is a one of one factory convertible with a prototype 440 hemi six pac .   :nana:

hotrod98

:smilielol:

Stu,
I forgot to mention that a local guy is building a convertible bird that will be the identical twin to yours. He even has the original air grabber hood. He's had this real big block runner convert for as long as I can remember. I was shocked when he told me that he was building a bird clone out of it.
He's supposed to be coming over to check out all of the parts that I have left lying around that he can use. I still have the Don Currie nose, fender extensions, f/g latch tray, steel z-braces  and a few other odds and ends that he could use.
Now all he needs is a Janak wing. Anyone have one?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 23, 2010, 02:42:02 PM
:smilielol:

Stu,
I forgot to mention that a local guy is building a convertible bird that will be the identical twin to yours. He even has the original air grabber hood. He's had this real big block runner convert for as long as I can remember. I was shocked when he told me that he was building a bird clone out of it.
He's supposed to be coming over to check out all of the parts that I have left lying around that he can use. I still have the Don Currie nose, fender extensions, f/g latch tray, steel z-braces  and a few other odds and ends that he could use.
Now all he needs is a Janak wing. Anyone have one?

dont sell him any of my daytona clone parts laying around there   :slap: 

hotrod98

I wondered what all those extra parts were for.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams