News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power valve ?

Started by bricklayer, August 24, 2010, 07:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

what are the symptons of a power valve failure holly 650 carb could be my problem? it was running fine after i fired it up for the first time, now when i start it it runs for a couple of seconds then falls flat and dosen't want to fire back up thanks tom

firefighter3931

A blown power valve will make it idle very rich.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bricklayer

ron would my engine still run with the throttle or will it fall flat and not run at all thanks  tom

Cooter

Depends on what year the carb was bought, as anything after like 1998 has built in power valve protection for cases like yours. Used to be, one backfire through the carb and you will be pulling the bowls off and replacing that power valve...

Could be a blown PV, but You need to look down the carb while cranking and see if there's fuel coming out of the float bowls over into the venturi..If it is, then I'd suspect a stuck float....BE CAREFUL and have a fire Ex. ready..One backfire and it's all over!!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"