News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So did you get this much help finding you charger?

Started by Axels73Charger, July 31, 2010, 09:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axels73Charger

So I HAD been looking at a 73 charger 340 (might have been a rallye) and a 74 charger SE 360. Well my dad looked at both of them and pretty much said this " I think you can find something better. The right cars out there" Well that kinda made me a little mad because I HATE waiting. But that night I started to think. I can really drive a Charger that long this summer any way. Plus I cant drive it as much as I want because I dont have my licens yet. So I thought of making a goal. Anyway

So without my knowledge my dad had been looking at chargers. Not just 73-74 which are the kind im trying to get but 66-74! Well then he started to ask more about 68-70. We all know that answer. They cost ALOT! And he's wanting me to get a nice driveable one. So after a little talk about 1st and 2nd gen chargers. it went to 3rd gen Now I really like the look of the 73-74 chargers but we looked at 71-74. So even more talking and he thinks that 72 and 74 chargers are cheaper and might be better for me?

What do you think?
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

b5blue

Sounds like your Dad knows what he is doing and that is great! Take your time, I know it's hard to wait but the right choice is a very important first step. I don't think year is as important as condition. (they are all good years!) Good Luck!  :2thumbs:

bull

If you really want a 68-70 I'd try getting one of those. Not sure what you're criteria is price and condition-wise but if you are patient you can probably have it all. I think typically the 1970 is the least expensive of the 2nd gen Chargers, especially the base model.

bakerhillpins

Yep, your dad knows what he is talking about.  :yesnod:

I am looking for a car now as well and am getting some help looking at cars from a few members here (one in particular has really taken care of me). I am WAY eager because I have waited and watched for so many years and now I have the means.... Its really difficult to wait for the right car. A few have come and gone just as I was about ready and that made it harder.

One thing that I keep telling myself, and it's true. Is to remember all the years I have watched the for sale section and the great number of times a car has arrived on there that I wished I could have had a chance on. Another car will come along, I just need to be patient.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on July 31, 2010, 11:10:22 AM
If you really want a 68-70 I'd try getting one of those. Not sure what you're criteria is price and condition-wise but if you are patient you can probably have it all. I think typically the 1970 is the least expensive of the 2nd gen Chargers, especially the base model.

:iagree:

What he says about the 70s seems to be true, at least with my experience shopping that is.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 31, 2010, 11:15:28 AM
Yep, your dad knows what he is talking about.  :yesnod:

I am looking for a car now as well and am getting some help looking at cars from a few members here (one in particular has really taken care of me). I am WAY eager because I have waited and watched for so many years and now I have the means.... Its really difficult to wait for the right car. A few have come and gone just as I was about ready and that made it harder.

One thing that I keep telling myself, and it's true. Is to remember all the years I have watched the for sale section and the great number of times a car has arrived on there that I wished I could have had a chance on. Another car will come along, I just need to be patient.

I have a lead on a low mileage GTX, just waiting for me info. I'll let you know if I don't buy it.  :cheers:

Darkman

What you need to know is what YOU like and what $$$ you have to buy it (set a budget if you don't have one). If you prefer a 73-74 then go and look for one within your budget.

If you find one you like and it fits your budget, then buy it. I don't see the sense in letting it go in hope that another one comes along. Finding/buying a 2nd hand car is a lottery at the best of times as you really can't pick and choose exactly what you want. It is not like ordering a new car. There will be sacrifices and things you will have to put up with in order to get what you like and afford.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Darkman on July 31, 2010, 11:08:22 PM
What you need to know is what YOU like and what $$$ you have to buy it (set a budget if you don't have one). If you prefer a 73-74 then go and look for one within your budget.

If you find one you like and it fits your budget, then buy it. I don't see the sense in letting it go in hope that another one comes along. Finding/buying a 2nd hand car is a lottery at the best of times as you really can't pick and choose exactly what you want. It is not like ordering a new car. There will be sacrifices and things you will have to put up with in order to get what you like and afford.
I agree with this statement. If your going with a 3rd gen. 71-72 Chargers look better IMO  :Twocents: