News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

plastic in front wheel bearing of 2006 Charger

Started by carolsdew, July 23, 2010, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolsdew

I had a problem with a grinding sound coming from the front of my 2006 Dodge Charger and took it into the dealer that I purchased the car new from. I picked up the car later that day and was told that the front interior wheel bearing had gone bad due to a piece of plastic similar to a plastic bag had gotten into the bearing causing it to wear out. Ipaid just under $ 500.00 for the repair and have not noticed a great reduction in the noise. I am just wondering how a piece of plastic would get into a sealed interior bearing. Could it be possible that the plastic wrap that the  bearings come packed in was never removed from the bearing at the factory? I still have the noise and am not sure what to do. I don't want to go through the same thing and not get any reduction in the grinding noise.Please let me know if there is a possibility that iIpaid for a repair that was the fault of the manufacturer. I have had the brakes checked just as a precaution and they are fine.

BigBlackDodge

You paid them to fix it and they did not it sounds like. Take it back to them and tell to them to fix it again...............of course on thier dime! You should not have to pay them again for something they should have fixed right to begin with. 500 bucks for a wheel bearing is crazy IMHO. :eyes:

BBD