News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hook me up!

Started by DJF, June 07, 2010, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJF

Hi all,

So Summer is here and I been working hard in the garage over the Winter. My 70 B body came out last weekend for its first blast  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Now seems everyone else was working hard over the Winter as well. How do I get this to Hook up and go? I dont wanna let the rep down. We're back to the strip on 10th July. Last year I had stacks of power but no traction. Also can anyone tell me where i can get a Prop hoop preferable front and back? If back ones exist?

440 + 30
Indy SR1 Fully ported Heads
Indy Dual Plane
0.511 cam
850 Mighty Dominator
3.73 posi

Many Thanks

BBKNARF

As you said your going to the strip, are you using street tires or slicks ?
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Cooter

First thing you do is get a set of Cal-trac Bars and some Tires...

I've had Extremely good luck and traction with the Hoosier tires...(295/50/15)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

DJF

I got some BFG goodrich at the mo. I think tires is a good start. what ones? Anyone got any idea what the biggest size i can fit on the back? I got 255 60 15 at the mo.

DJF

I got some Hoosier Quick time pros in the end 275/60/15 grip was much better still didnt hook up great on the air field though..
got a vid here of it taking out a E46 BMW M3 :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzXhUkbLQE

best I managed was 12.98 @ 113mph I was resonably happy considering the lack of trackion from the start. Any other suggestions Im all ears :-)

HPP

Drop the air pressure some in your tires, they look way over inflated. Loose one spring clamp on the rear segment of the spring on both sides. Check the leaf count on the spring pack. Your car seems to be rolling over to the passenger side, which would suggest to me that you don't have enough resistance on that side, IE springs may be on the wrong sides (I've seen this before on several cars), or you need an extra half leaf on the passenger side.