News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proper Wheel Backspacing for 1969 Chargers

Started by WINGR, July 07, 2010, 07:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Hi, can anyone tell me the proper back-spacing for wheels on a 1969 Chargers? Not sure if it makes any difference but I have factory disc brakes on the front and drum in the back. I want to go with 15" x 7" wheels with P255R60x15's all the way around and want to see what the limits are for back-spacing.

Thanks much

WINGR/Steve

Just 6T9 CHGR

Steve, 4.25" BS is what I ran with my 15x7 Road Wheels & 255/60/15's on all 4 corners on my 69 R/T....no rubbing issues what so ever....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGR

Thanks, I really appreciate the info.  :2thumbs:

Does it matter that I have disc on the front?

I have two plain 15x7 mopar steelies that are about 4.25" but need another pair. These are the ones without the extra holes to screw caps on. Does anyone have any they could spare.

Thanks,
Steve

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: WINGR on July 07, 2010, 07:42:24 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate the info.  :2thumbs:

I have two plain 15x7 mopar steelies that are about 4.25" but need another pair. These are the ones without the extra holes to screw caps on. Does anyone have any they could spare.

Thanks,
Steve

I have discs on mine as well....

255/60's on all 4 corners.... 4.25" BS

245/60 front 295/50 rear 4.5" BS

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGR

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 07, 2010, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: WINGR on July 07, 2010, 07:42:24 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate the info.  :2thumbs:

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks again Chris, didn't you just get new wheels and tires recently?

Steve

I have discs on mine as well....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

WINGR

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 07, 2010, 07:56:21 PM
Yup...see above ;)

Awesome, simply awesome. Looks great either way Chris.

I am putting a set of the Goodyear/Eagle #1/Nascar raised white letter tires to go the race history theme of the C500. I am thinking of putting either steelies painted in silver, A-Racing Anson Sprint Slotted Mags or Torque Thrust Originals or D's.

Steve

bsakal

Last week I tried my friends AR Torq Thrust D's on the rear of my SE. They were 15x8.5 with a 3.75 backspace. They fit, but I wasn't comfortable with how close they were to the outer wheel opening. It they were 4.25, that would have been the hot ticket.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

WINGR

WINGR

Thanks again for the help.

I was wondering if anyone had an extra two Mopar 15" x 7" (5 x 4.5" b.p.) plain steel wheels without the extra holes for the caps. I am going for the old Nascar look on my C500 and want to run these without any hubcaps and such.

Thanks,
WINGR/Steve

WINGR

Quote from: WINGR on July 09, 2010, 02:06:30 PM

I was wondering if anyone had an extra two Mopar 15" x 7" (5 x 4.5" b.p.) plain steel wheels without the extra holes for the caps. I am going for the old Nascar look on my C500 and want to run these without any hubcaps and such.

Thanks,
WINGR/Steve

Here's a picture of the kind I already have two of, thanks.

WING/Steve

WINGR

Quote from: WINGR on July 09, 2010, 02:07:33 PM
Quote from: WINGR on July 09, 2010, 02:06:30 PM

Thanks,
WINGR/Steve

Here's a picture of the kind I already have two of, thanks.

WINGR/Steve

I want to run them with these Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tires (P255R60x15), can't wait.

WINGR/Steve