News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did you grow up playing with this deadly game??????

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, June 20, 2010, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

actually they still make them and ship em to you . you have to assemble them cause its illegal to sell them assembled.

http://www.lawndartparts.com/

maxwellwedge

Man - If those Clackers were out of balance they could really mess up your wrist. I had Creepy Crawlers and Creeple Peeple - both by Mattel and both used the "Thingmaker" hot plate. We generally abused lawn darts, bow and arrows, BB guns and lots of other stuff....those were the days before computers, internet and video games when your parents threw you outside all day....there were a lot less "creeps" those days as well so the parents were never worried about that.

oldcarnut

Just read the thread and it brought back some old memories.  Found an old pvc potato gun I made way back in the garage rafters.  Back in early 70's when soda cans were made of steel we'd cut the ends out and duct tape them together and shot tennis balls out of them.  If you put enough lighter fluid on the ball you'd get a fireball shot.  As many spuds and balls shot we never had one get stuck and blow apart on us.  The chemistry kits were fun too.  Probably a good thing I didn't have the Anarchists cookbook back then that I got later on.

jeryst

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 27, 2010, 05:35:29 PM
Man - If those Clackers were out of balance they could really mess up your wrist. I had Creepy Crawlers and Creeple Peeple - both by Mattel and both used the "Thingmaker" hot plate. We generally abused lawn darts, bow and arrows, BB guns and lots of other stuff....those were the days before computers, internet and video games when your parents threw you outside all day....there were a lot less "creeps" those days as well so the parents were never worried about that.

How about "Incredible Edibles"?
Man, those things tasted like crap.
Those chemicals are probably STILL floating around in my body.
They should have been called "Incredible Inedibles"!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: oldcarnut on June 28, 2010, 12:54:22 AM
The chemistry kits were fun too.

I have a few of the older chemistry sets (most were unused, for display in my laboratory area).  One of them, from the 1930s, used to contain radioactive materials (like Ra, Th, U ores) and mercury metal.  It fits well with my large "Frankenstien"-style electrical switch that will be soon be mounted on my lab wall near those sets....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

maxwellwedge

Quote from: jeryst on June 28, 2010, 01:46:38 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 27, 2010, 05:35:29 PM

How about "Incredible Edibles"?
Man, those things tasted like crap.
Those chemicals are probably STILL floating around in my body.
They should have been called "Incredible Inedibles"!

Incredible Edibles - Good One! The Plasti-Goop was probably not a safe thing!