News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger + 2

Started by dudedart, April 26, 2012, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Quote from: dudedart on April 27, 2012, 12:36:48 PM
hey myk, do you really believe a 4 door charger srt8 can really outpreform a real charger ?? do you recall what happened in july of 1969 ? there was a CHARGER that ran over 200 mph? infact there was a quote on that car stating anyone could drive car comfortably at 180 mph. do you really believe a 4 door sedan can outpreform a 1969 hemi charger daytona ? did you forget that after regulating that car to 305 cu, it was completely banned from stockcar racing, cause it was unbeatable! if fiat would have labeled the new charger as say, starquest, triprunner or traveler4, then painted it a 1970 color, say purple and labeled that edition a charger, would you have bitten ? think your str8 will be worth what a hemi charger is worth now in 40 years ?  chrysler has always been its worst own enemy, fiat/diamer proves that!

Of course, you are talking about a stock Daytona, yes?  Not a NASCAR version?  Since we both know that there was a big difference, even back then.  The stock Daytona was capable of 200 MPH right off the dealer lot, yes?

Performance is not just acceleration, or top speed in a straight line.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

skip68

Like I always say, who cares how fast it is,  you've still got to be seen in it.  And since most your driving (98.999999%) is to the store or work you never fully get the use of all that raw performance.   Styling is number one for me.   I've seen real fast crx's but I just can't stomach looking at the car.  I will say that the 2012 "Charger" is much better looking than the others.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

c00nhunterjoe

I own a 69 and an 07. I love my 07. I hated them at first for the same reasons as everyone else. Then a year ago I finally drove one.......... and bought it.  You really do forget its a 4 door "family" car when driving it and I don't even have an srt8, just an rt with the road and track handling package.

While driving it you can see the vintage peieces carried over. There are many suttle things that scream 69 to me, whether its the view "down the hips" in the drivers side mirror, or the upper door pads, a true charger fanatic an appreciate them.

Then there is the drive. The hemi backed by the 5 speed auto is amazing. Stock was fun, but I tweaked a custom tune for mine, changed the intake and hacked the resonators off. It will fry the tires from a 20 mph roll, spin 2nd and bark 3rd, all with a stock tranny and no physical engine work. I get over 25 mpg on the highway thanks to the multiple displacement technology and 20 mpg back and forth to work sitting in traffic. It hugs corners like no other car I've owned and drifts are easy to enact and cntrol.

While it may be 4 doors, dodge nailed the happy medium between raw performance, comfortable ride, and family car.

Before you hate it, you have to drive it. Take that from the guy that refused to even talk about them when they first came out.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on April 27, 2012, 06:47:35 PM

Then there is the drive. The hemi backed by the 5 speed auto is amazing. Stock was fun, but I tweaked a custom tune for mine, changed the intake and hacked the resonators off. It will fry the tires from a 20 mph roll, spin 2nd and bark 3rd, all with a stock tranny and no physical engine work.

My 2011 Ram quad cab 392 rear gear 2 wheel drive will light em up at 35 MPH (also at 20), with just nailing it, it drops a gear and lights em up, scares the crap out of my wife every time I do it  :icon_smile_big: my point is the new Hemi (especially the latest gen's), are and awesome machine  :2thumbs:

I do agree that the 2012 are pretty descent looking too but I still have a problem getting past that extra set of doors  :rotz:

Cooter

Quote from: TheGhost on April 27, 2012, 06:31:47 PM

Performance is not just acceleration, or top speed in a straight line.

Valid point BUT! At least in a straight line, the average dumbass stands a chance..It's when those damn curves show up is when things like Vipers, Vettes, Porches, Chargers, etc. begin to kill people. Barring professional race drivers, most People can't handle those speeds in curves. Sure, you have a Car that will handle great @200 MPH in a curve, but last time I checked, Stoplight challenges weren't 25 miles long.........With curves. Face it, for the average gear head, performance has and all ways will be measured in a straight line.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

c00nhunterjoe

hence why i like my 07...... its not the fastest "super car" on the road, but i also didnt spend 80k on it....... it will put down respectable 1\4 mile times right now, putting most rice rockets in their place. then when leaving the track i can still hug corners with a large, comfortable interior, low exhaust noise, 25 mpg gettin' daily driver.

1974dodgecharger

In the end its been done and YES its a nice car fastest sedan I think on the street its just the name I have an issue with overall, but hey its still a badass looking car.