News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 & 70 Charger tail light lenses

Started by BEAPARTS, August 26, 2010, 04:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAPARTS

Finely, real lenses are now available.  The lenses are injected acrylic, NOT RESIN poured like past offerings by.........well, we won't talk about that.  Lenses are on the shelve and ready to ship.

Price is $375 for the pair with gaskets.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

Aussiemadonmopars

Absolutely awesome!!! Been waiting awhile for these to be done.  :yesnod:  Are you guys just the retailers? Do we know who the company is that is making them now and are they reputable?

CDN72SE

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on August 26, 2010, 09:42:07 AM
Absolutely awesome!!! Been waiting awhile for these to be done.  :yesnod:  Are you guys just the retailers? Do we know who the company is that is making them now and are they reputable?

Taken from another thread started by Michael:

"Like every lense we produce, they are injected acrylic just like the originals."
1972 Charger SE

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on August 26, 2010, 09:42:07 AM

You're looking at him.

moparchris

Just ordered my set for the Hemi 500.  Once again, Michael hs produced an excellent part AND backed it up with exceptional customer service :2thumbs:

sanders7981

NICE!!!  :drool5: Those look awesome!  I may be getting a set of these, my passenger side lense has a crack in it.   - James

bull

At that price I might knock my '68 tail panel out and put a '69 panel in. I think I'd be money ahead.

69RTSE

They look great.  Long time coming.  Do they include the silver pinstripe.  I didn't see it in the picture.

y3chargerrt

Brock Lee

Quote from: 69RTSE on August 26, 2010, 03:57:36 PM
They look great.  Long time coming.  Do they include the silver pinstripe.  I didn't see it in the picture.

Same here. I also see a faint rectangular pattern in the 69's in the top pic. Like a pattern where the 70 reflector is. Did they use a 70 for the mold and "patched in" the pattern to make a 69 lens?

BEAPARTS

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 26, 2010, 06:24:39 PM

Same here. I also see a faint rectangular pattern in the 69's in the top pic. Like a pattern where the 70 reflector is. Did they use a 70 for the mold and "patched in" the pattern to make a 69 lens?

Yep, there is an insert that goes in the 70 mold to produce the 69.  There was absolutely no way we could have done it any other way financially to make both years.

hemigeno

Quote from: BEAPARTS on August 27, 2010, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: Brock Lee on August 26, 2010, 06:24:39 PM
They look great.  Long time coming.  Do they include the silver pinstripe.  I didn't see it in the picture.

Yep, there is an insert that goes in the 70 mold to produce the 69.  There was absolutely no way we could have done it any other way financially to make both years.

Same thing Chrysler did once the '70 reflector style was introduced...  a LOT of NOS lenses I've looked at over the years had that same insert (and a tell-tale faint line visible from the front side if you know what to look for).  It's much more rare to find the pre-'70 lens versions still in the box.

Economic realities being what they are, I'm just glad these are being made in the correct material/method -- period.

:cheers:

sanders7981

Yep, there is an insert that goes in the 70 mold to produce the 69.  There was absolutely no way we could have done it any other way financially to make both years.
[/quote]

I am just glad to see that the lenses are offered!  IMO, clean, clean, new lights are nice finishing touches on a vechicle.  I doubt I will be able to clean mine up to look this nice, so I will probably break down and get a set.  Hmmmm, how do I sell this request to the wife?    :icon_smile_big: