News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone near Royal Oak MI. that could look at a car for me?

Started by bakerhillpins, May 14, 2010, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Damn dude, I really wish this car had a more affordable [price tag]. Obviously the owner still likes it a whole lot!  :D

I would be very proud of this ride (if it was mine and restored!!!).  I agree with you - - this could be a sweet Charger if bought right ....{edit} and restored right!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

If restored right first time around this would be a nice car. Unfortunately that was not done. Just happens I know the body shop that did the resto & only thing that comes to mind is BK :brickwall: :slap: :nono: :loser: :pullinghair: :ahum: :moon: :icon_bs: :coocoo: :smilie_help: :badidea: :hack: :image_294343: :cussing: :argue: :scared:

TUFCAT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 23, 2010, 07:50:37 PM
You mean if Restored right :pity:

YEP!!!  ...and theres a BIG difference when it comes to selling. :icon_smile_big:.

bakerhillpins

Man that QQ1 with white interior is hot, its hard to say no.. like crack!  :nono:

Leon - Did he mention if the car was a #s car. I asked 2 times and never got an answer. The rear-end codes different than he said the car has so I suspect not.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

hemi-hampton

I think I decoded rear as a 3:23 suregrip if I remember right. I don't like decodeing 68 tags compared to 69+ tags. He said it was (#'s matching) but I never got far enough to look since I figured not going to good so far.  Ground was wet & muddy & he was even hesitant to have me look at it in the wet weather. LEON.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 23, 2010, 08:22:49 PM
I think I decoded rear as a 3:23 suregrip if I remember right. I don't like decodeing 68 tags compared to 69+ tags. He said it was (#'s matching) but I never got far enough to look since I figured not going to good so far.  Ground was wet & muddy & he was even hesitant to have me look at it in the wet weather. LEON.

Yea, I decoded that too but he mentioned in an email that it was a 3:55.  :shruggy:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

hemi-hampton

What came in the Factory & what's in it now could easily be 2 different things, My car went from 3:23 to 4:56 to now having a 3:91 I installed. LEON.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 23, 2010, 09:16:49 PM
What came in the Factory & what's in it now could easily be 2 different things, My car went from 3:23 to 4:56 to now having a 3:91 I installed. LEON.

I think your point is that the ratio's can easily be changed to and fro and do not make a #s car.

Ok, so the only parts of a #s (charger anyhow) car is the engine/body/trans. The physical axle itself is not stamped like the engine/trans and therefore isn't part of a #s car?
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

hemi-hampton

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 23, 2010, 09:56:26 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 23, 2010, 09:16:49 PM

I think your point is that the ratio's can easily be changed to and fro and do not make a #s car.

Ok, so the only parts of a #s (charger anyhow) car is the engine/body/trans. The physical axle itself is not stamped like the engine/trans and therefore isn't part of a #s car?

I'd say that last comment is correct. Rear axle not included in #'s matching meaning housing or gears. Unless a Dana 60 gets swapped out for 8 3/4 or 7 1/4 or dana 44 who really cars. I'm sure some do & will disagree, Some want every part #'s to match including Alternator, Distributor, Carb, Radiator, Coil, Voltage Regulator, Starter relay, Starter, Plug wires, ect ect. Thats all good on 100 point showcar going for the gold. Not sure it matters on daily driver. All a matter of opinion though.  LEON.

hemi-hampton

The UBS-W Means upper door frame paint is white. LEON.