News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electronic distributor

Started by Silver R/T, January 14, 2014, 11:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I saw this on ebay, looks like MSD knock-off for much cheaper. Planning on upgrading to electronic ignition so this would be a good buy?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221352034490?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

A383Wing

selling for a $400 savings? What's the catch?

WHITE AND RED 69

That price makes me question the product. There has to be something up with it???

Go with a known brand just in case something goes wrong. Firecore units are only about $175 bucks. Way cheaper than the MSD units.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 15, 2014, 01:16:12 AM
That price makes me question the product. There has to be something up with it???

Go with a known brand just in case something goes wrong. Firecore units are only about $175 bucks. Way cheaper than the MSD units.

Yes, with the MP kits either being discontinued, generally perceived as being crap or both, it looks like the Firecore kits are the only viable alternative, especially when you consider the cost...

68 RT

My buddy put one on his 440 Coronet and has had zero problems in 2+ years.   :cheers:

Troy

Uh...
"Here is a Brand New electronic distributor for Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth small block V8 engines.
Fits: 413, 426 and 440 V8's.
Y Block Engines and earlier Polysphere"

"Ignition Distributor Small Block Mopar Dodge Chrysler 413, 426 and 440".

Those aren't small blocks! The title does say "Big Block" though so maybe it's just a copy/paste error?

Looks like that brand is only sold on eBay. That is a crazy discount if the "list price" is $450 and the selling price is $55. Are they comparing the list price of a competitor?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

firefighter3931

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 15, 2014, 01:16:12 AM

There is definately something up with it !   :icon_smile_big:

The guts of that distributor are just plain junk. A friend had one on his 440 and we couldn't adjust the advance mechanism or reluctor gap. The way you limit mechanical advance with that unit is by bending tabs. I couldn't believe it when i looked inside that mess  :lol:

Do yourself a favor and save up for a real distributor....your 440 will thank you  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs