News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to find 2.0 tip paint spray guns for primer??

Started by sixpack_sid, May 04, 2010, 08:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

Hi,
I am doing body work on my Charger and looked thru the archives to see how to get rid of the pinholes from putty and small pitting in the engine bay. I saw a post where someone said to use Slick Sand primer with a 2.0 or 2.2 tip. I'm having trouble finding any guns with tips that big. Anyone know where I can find them? I have a Central Pneumatic gun-but can only find a 1.8 tip for it. I would be willing to buy a new gun if they have a tip that size.
Thanks,
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

FLG

Where are you located? Think i remember it was PA..but not sure. Im in Brooklyn NY.

I have a 2.2 or 2.3 tipped gun (cant remember) that i used to spray slick sand. Im not using it again for a bit and id let you borrow it.

69*F5*SE

Quote from: FLG on May 04, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
I have a 2.2 or 2.3 tipped gun (cant remember) that i used to spray slick sand. Im not using it again for a bit and id let you borrow it.

Talk about a friendly gesture.  Kudo's  :2thumbs:

sixpack_sid

Quote from: FLG on May 04, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
Where are you located? Think i remember it was PA..but not sure. Im in Brooklyn NY.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather buy one. I plan on doing a lot of body work, probably won't be shooting everything at once.
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

FLG

No prob. Ill check the manufacture and let ya know, I got it through snap on.

Mind you, it will prob be months before I have time to start working on anything again so its not like I'm going to need it back in a week.

jaak

I bought a cheep gun off eBay, just to use for poly-primer....I bought the cheapest gun I could find with a 2.0 tip, it was like $20 bucks With shipping (new!). I cant remember the name on it but its got "W-71" on the side of it. Works good for priming. Slicksand is very thick though...I would suggest using a 2.2 tip, even with my 2.0, I gotta thin slicksand about 10% to get it to spray good.

Jason

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

AdamMopar

I would recommend looking at the Devilbiss III primer gun.  It is a good gun for the price. and you can get setup with the right size tips for shooting epoxy, 2k urethane, and polyester primers. It isn't the most efficient from an air comsumption standpoint, but probably no worse than the Central Pneumatic gun.

sixpack_sid

Thanks for all the good advice! I ordered the 2.5 gun that hemi-hampton found. Thanks for the recommendation Silver R/T.
Sid

Silver R/T

no problem, glad to help out fellow Charger owner
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722