News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original 14 inch magnum 500 wheels-correct finish?

Started by moparmark, April 13, 2010, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmark

Hey Guys,

I am refinishing my original 14 inch Magnum 500 wheels to the "factory correct" look and was wondering what finish should they have? Is it correct to use semi-gloss black or flat black on the inserts and along the outside of the wheel? I will be installing the brushed finished trim ring over top of the wheel after it's all done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,

Mark

resq302

Mark,  it is a semi flat or satin black.  I used Krylon 1613 with great results.  Just curious, what year car are these going on?  1969 had a one year only brushed trim ring.  They changed it slightly in 1970 with the way it attached and they did away with a lip where the spokes met the trim ring.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto