News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this guy crazy or is it just me (Ebay 69 Charger)

Started by Bobby41909, April 09, 2010, 02:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

Title says it all...I contacted him to see if he added an extra zero by accident and he replied quicky...NO     :smilielol:

I am not a Charger expert but from what I've seen his asking price is what a restored car would go for...am I wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-Dukes-of-Hazard-car_W0QQitemZ190387616395QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c53fc7a8b

TeeWJay426

You're not wrong.... he's gonna have that one for a LONG time until he has a reality check..... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 09, 2010, 02:25:48 PM
You're not wrong.... he's gonna have that one for a LONG time until he has a reality check..... ::)

That car is worth $15,000 tops, maybe less.   :Twocents:

I bought the car in my signature last summer for $20,000.  Its not an R/T SE but its a R/T out of the south west it mint original condition. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

Black Charger

Looks like the owner of that car has been watching one too many Barrett-Jackson auctions on TV. These folks see the ridiculous prices some of those cars sell for, so they automatically assume that what they have is worth it's weight in gold, too. My only hope is that this car doesn't sit and rot while waiting for a buyer. This looks like it would make a nice project car. Only time will tell...

JT01

gasoline_24

If you are board you can just keep sending him the opposite in the way of low ball offers.  I just offered him $500.  I think he might take it. :nana: :D

jb666

Quote from: gasoline_24 on April 09, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
If you are board you can just keep sending him the opposite in the way of low ball offers.  I just offered him $500.  I think he might take it. :nana: :D
I just topped your offer with $600  :hah:

gasoline_24

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: jb666 on April 09, 2010, 04:22:58 PM
Quote from: gasoline_24 on April 09, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
I just topped your offer with $600  :hah:

I topped that.

$750 but only if the radio works.

clanton

The owners gonna be really pissed once he sees the messed up wax job prior to trying to sell it. :rofl:
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mauve66

definitely too many BJ auctions, maybe he can't do a search of ebay to see what reall cars fetch????? :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

kurgan383

1969chargerrtse

Not worth that money for sure, but......... It is a R/T SE car with air and power windows.  Numbers matching motor would be nice also.  Not sure what I would pay in this market?  Mostly because the pictures SUCK.  No motor shot?  :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 09, 2010, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 09, 2010, 02:25:48 PM

That car is worth $15,000 tops, maybe less.   :Twocents:

I bought the car in my signature last summer for $20,000.  Its not an R/T SE but its a R/T out of the south west it mint original condition.  
You don't count.  You stole that car.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

While this car is clearly overpriced and I won't dispute that, the seller picked a bad time to be selling a desirable car like a real R/T SE Charger..
While I can boast I "Only" paid $800.00 for my '58 Plymouth, Traded a 440 Engine block for my '69 Clone, SE BB Charger, paid $250.00 For a '68 Dart 2dr sedan running, and so on, This however doesn't really dictate the Value of Every car Mentioned....I know some people get smokin' deals while others have to pay the going rate for their Dream cars...While one might get a '58 plymouth Fury for $800.00, the next person might pay say $4000.00 for a car in the same condition....It really would depend on whether or not you were in the right place at the right time, with the right money....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

billschroeder5842

I just offered 950.... I cracked myself up when I hit send.

This guy is sitting at home spinning.
Texas Proud!

Brock Samson

The ad says "Stock wheels, caps and rings"... but they're not,.. it's in piss poor dried out condition and is gonna require a complete go through... maybe they don't really want to sell...  :shruggy:

gasoline_24

I had this thing bought for $500 and now you guys outbid me.... :flame: :flame: :flame:  What is up with this site?  Here I am onto a great deal and you guys outbid me...I guess I will have to offer $1,000. :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

68X426

Since nobody else has said it, I will. I think this a hoax. This ad is $40,000 of bullshit.  :smilielol:

I think the seller is just messing with everyone.  :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68736.0.html

just trying to remember the guy who bought the challenger i mentioned it this post  :yesnod:  , sure thats the same charger  :scratchchin: :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

greenpigs

I would say it is a POS for that price, now for say $7500 as an opening bid amount with NR he MIGHT get a buyer. And yes a picture of the motor would have been nice.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.