News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

USP scam

Started by d/ur/t, March 31, 2010, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d/ur/t

Just wondering if you guys have seen this scam.I don't know how the do it but the address doesn't even match mine.

Hello!

We failed to deliver the package sent on the 25th of December in time
because the recipient's address is inexact.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our department.There is an attachment but I'm too worried to open it.

United Parcel Service of America.

mauve66

call the 1800 # for UPS and ask them about it, they should be able to look up a package based on your address
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

UPS always has a tracking number. They would've left their notice on your door
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

stripedelete

scam.  Saw something about it here, or maybe somewhere else.  Virus is in the attachement. Delete.

skip68

Quote from: d/ur/t on March 31, 2010, 06:20:08 PM

United Parcel Service of America.

:shruggy:   What the hell is that ?  Far as I know it's just United Parcel Service, that's it.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mauve66

send it back stating you have attached all the information and when they open it, WHAM, they get the virus
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

d/ur/t

Forgot to say it has an attachement :2thumbs:.Send it back huh good plan.

Neal_J

Unless you want to receive additional email spam, do not send it back - as it tells the scammers that yours is an active email account.  Just hit the delete button & then celebrate with an adult beverage.

A383Wing

I got the same email tonight, saying my package could not be delivered that I sent on the 14th of December...

There was an attachment in the form of a ".zip" file...UPS & USPS do not sent "zip" file attachments...I checked

I deleted the entire email

dstryr

I've gotten that message on 3 email addresses so far.  Deleting it is good advice. :2thumbs:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

b5blue

Better yet I "marked it" as spam and now it gets trapped. I posted about this a month ago, my anti virus caught it and blocked it. I got another about a week later and that's when I spam labeled it. What ever you do don't click on the attachment unless you have a balls to the wall firewall cuz it's something crappy. (I got a buddy that "catches them and picks them apart")  :o

Skinypete

I don't want to be picky here but could you correct the title of the post? Its just a little bit of a pet peeve, especially since I work for UPS.

Sorry to be a bother

DJMIII
DJMIII

b5blue

OH SNAP! I never thought of that, that would piss you off! Brown Get's Things Done!  :cheers:

Skinypete

Yeah we get things done, at the expense of my personal life and back... lol

DJMIII
DJMIII

b5blue

For what it's worth my V.A. started today using UPS exclusively! (I work in shipping and receiving there)  :2thumbs:

Skinypete

I appreciate the business! We've been pretty slow for the last 6 or so months...

DJMIII
DJMIII

A383Wing

Quote from: Skinypete on April 05, 2010, 08:46:36 PM
I don't want to be picky here but could you correct the title of the post? Its just a little bit of a pet peeve, especially since I work for UPS.

Sorry to be a bother

DJMIII

I deleted the entire email, but from what I can remember, it was not from UPS....It was from USP

Skinypete

The original poster said it was from the "Unite Parcel Service of America" so I'm assuming he meant UPS not the USPS.

DJMIII
DJMIII