News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Purchase

Started by Shakey, December 08, 2005, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I stopped by Year One earlier this week.   Used the 20% discount code and scored an extra 5% for walking in.   The total came to just under $500.00 USD, I saved a bunch, not to mention the fact that I will not pay any shipping fees as I will stuff all of these items into my suitcase and plus I will not have to pay the 7% taxes / duties to get it over the border.   You can see by the photos, $500.00 USD doesn't get you too much.   This was purchase # 3 of 7.

Flip Top Fuel Cap w/ Base
Forward Light Harness
Rear Axle Brake Lines
Brake Hose, Rear
Brake Hose Retaining Clips x 3
Horn Relay
Splash Shields
Qtr Window Roller Kit
Under Dash Insulation
Restoration Gasket Package (not pictured)

The wiring harness pictured last is actually a forward lamp wiring harness for a '71 Charger w/ Concealed Headlamps.   My Wife purchased my Christmas present from year One a few weeks back, one of the items being an under dash wiring harness.   It seems they made a mistake during inventory and shipped me the forward lamp harness for the '71.   The part numbers were very similar, an easy mistake.   When Lori called them, they had said keep the other wiring harness, we will send you the correct one, which they did.   I sold the '71 forward lamp harness to a member on this board and put the money towards the forward lamp harness for my '69.

The only reason I found out about the under dash wiring harness mix up was that despite specific instructions from my Wife, the invoice was mailed to my Secretary at work (my YO account is my office address), who of course delivered it with the rest of my mail.   I had figured out what was going on and wasn't gonna say a thing, you know, act all surprised on Christmas morning, however later that day the replacement under dash wiring harness showed up at my office, again despite specific instructions to ship it to my In-Laws farm.   Where is that "head shaking smiley"?

Of course I will share the installation process of these items with you when the time comes.

Charger_Fan

Is that gas cap & trim ring pretty decent quality? From the pics, it looks pretty good.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

how much for cap and ring alone
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 09, 2005, 02:00:50 PM
Is that gas cap & trim ring pretty decent quality? From the pics, it looks pretty good.

It looks pretty good to me!  I have heard some negative about them but for $92.00 USD (after 20% discount) I'll take my chances.  I have another shot that I can post in which I used the flash.  I will post that Monday.

Shakey

:)

Charger4404spd

Ooooh, I like the cap and ring, I need to get one!

BB1

The best looking gas cap on any car... period.   :yesnod:

Flipped mine hundreds of times, still loved going to the gas station. Even liked the sound it made, especially when your tank was empty. It was like the sound of a rock hitting the inside of a empty oil tanker.

Clunk k k k k...
Delete my profile