News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What NOT to get the wife for x-mas

Started by NHCharger, December 07, 2005, 05:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ChargerRob

Quote from: andy74 on December 08, 2005, 08:40:05 AM
does a roll of duct tape to put on her mouth count as a gift to me or her?
:haha: :haha:

That's funny and crazy.   :eek:    Funny for us, Crazy for you if she finds out.  :boxing_smiley: :argue:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Dale The Bold

A moustache trimmer.
A Hooters Calendar.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

69_500

Well my wife makes Wedding cakes for a side job, and for years had been wanting a Kitchen Aid mixer, a big industrial one. So last year for Christmas I decide I should get her one. Figured Christmas was a good time, as it was about $600 and I wasn't thinking of speding that kind of money at any other time of the year. So I get it, and she was so pissed off. Telling me it wasn't a Christmas gift. Same year however I got Charger parts. Did you see me complaining about getting a set of heads, or a engine stand? Nope loved both gifts.

Brock Samson

69_500

That guy just seems too upbeat about blowing a motor like that.

Then again if I was going to make a whole $8.50 back out of the engine I think I"d be jumping up and down too. JK

General_01

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 08, 2005, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: ChargerBill on December 08, 2005, 12:16:54 PM
Quote from: General_01 on December 07, 2005, 07:50:44 PM
I wouldn't get her new valve covers for the 440. Might not go over to well. :icon_smile_blackeye:

I dunno...for Christmas one year my dad bought my mom a set of polished aluminum valve covers and an air cleaner for her crate ZZ3 350 that's sitting under the hood of this:

and she seemed to love that gift. I think it all depends on the woman....
That's pretty cool!
I bet Shelley & Jen would go for something like that too! :icon_smile_big:

I said for the 440 guys. That is in my car. My wife drives the 350 powered Corvette. Last Christmas she got a new Edelbrock intake and Street Avenger carb for her car. Hope this clears it up.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on December 08, 2005, 11:19:51 AM
well, if any of you want exercise videos to give your wife for christmas, dont buy them, let me knock the dust of the hundreds my wife bought but never used and just send them to you! :D

I have the same offer as well!

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 69_500 on December 08, 2005, 08:04:47 PM
Well my wife makes Wedding cakes for a side job, and for years had been wanting a Kitchen Aid mixer, a big industrial one. So last year for Christmas I decide I should get her one. Figured Christmas was a good time, as it was about $600 and I wasn't thinking of speding that kind of money at any other time of the year. So I get it, and she was so pissed off. Telling me it wasn't a Christmas gift. Same year however I got Charger parts. Did you see me complaining about getting a set of heads, or a engine stand? Nope loved both gifts.

2 years ago I decided the wife needed a fancy Kitchen Aid mixer. Everyone said no thats not a good gift. But i thought  it was a great gift (the ultimate kitchen tool!) so I bought a bright red artisan KA mixer  and it worked out good for me. She liked it and wasnt even expecting something like that!   Every once in a while she makes me waffles and uses it! HAHA!

Todd

NHCharger

Quote from: drailed on December 08, 2005, 02:19:03 AM
How about a voucher that her gift is coming because you didnt have time to get her something like I did for my wifes birthday last year, didnt get a piece for over a month

Boy I hear you on that one. On the other hand all I ever tell my wife is to make sure the family knows all I want for Xmas is gift cards from Sears or Home Depot. And what do I get every year. A genuine leather steering wheel cover which goes in my closet with the 12 others I have got as gifts, and the sweater or dress shirt from my mother in law that goes straight to the Salvation Army.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel