News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rocker arm ratio

Started by Ghoste, January 30, 2011, 08:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Is there a point or situation where an increase in rocker arm ratio is just a bandaid?  Or is it always a benefit so long as valve piston clearance isn't compromised?

morepower

Well I think with the great cam makers of today they really do get every available inch of lift especially with Mopars because of the tappet's being bigger. Same with roller designs. You can use the higher ratios to get even more lift with less duration. the more air you move in the more air you can move out which means more power. But the higher lift puts more stress on the entire valvetrain. IMO. I would just pay the price for a great cam with the increased lift #'s for the stock lifter size and be happy!
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Ghoste

Well, thats kind of where I was going with it as far as wondering if it is just a bandaid or do a lot of folks consider it a necessity.