News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tons of pictures from today's World Of Wheels show (Boston)

Started by jb666, March 14, 2010, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Today the wife and I went to the Bayside Expo Center to check out this year's World Of Wheels. The past few years this show has been horrible... Over-run by ricers, toilets that have no business in a car show like this and was an over-all waste of money... But not this year.. The show was great! Wall to wall people, TONS of cool cars and lots to see!!

So here goes.. I won't comment on all of the pictures because there's just way too many, I'd be here all day.. Enjoy!!

The highlight of my day was meeting Henry Winkler (The Fonz) and watching as he hit on my wife. It was great!! He kissed her 5X (or more) and kept saying he was going to leave with her.. I said that was fine, because how many guys can brag that their wife left them for THE FONZ?!?! Very few, I'd imagine..

Anyways, here goes...

First, I'll get my highlight out of the way...

TO BE CONTINUED....

jb666

A local guy that we know owns this car, and a couple of other cool rides, but is one of the nicest people out there.. Great seeing him around at all the shows..

Radiator art!!

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!!

jb666

FLG

Nice pics Jeff,

Is that the stang that was at the shop awhile ago??  :drool5:

PS, what the heck is with the red engine compartment in that mopar  :rotz:

mikepmcs

I'm speechless over the work that has gone in to these rides. I think i'm gonna sell mine.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

jb666

Quote from: FLG on March 14, 2010, 04:45:27 PM
Nice pics Jeff,

Is that the stang that was at the shop awhile ago??  :drool5:

PS, what the heck is with the red engine compartment in that mopar  :rotz:

Indeed it was, Frank.

Look closer at that '68. It's got "ghost" lettering on it.. It's got GL "01"'s on the door and the lettering on the roof. He was capitalizing on the DOH fame for some reason.. Wrong year. Wrong color(s), and the paint was trashed.  :shruggy:

FLG

Wow just noticed that....

Hmm, on the right car it seems like a neat idea.

mikepmcs

Thanks for taking the time to bring us a virtual tour Jeff.  Much appreciated.  I'll take that 69 RR in the last set thank you very much.  :icon_smile_cool:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

No problem! I don't go anywhere without my camera and I'm ALWAYS happy to post'em up for others to enjoy... There was so much more, but I think I captured the bulk of it.

:cheers: :cheers:

ChgrSteve67

And why was your GL not in the show ???????

After all you have a story to tell.

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 14, 2010, 04:56:35 PM
And why was your GL not in the show ???????

After all you have a story to tell.

Honestly?? Two reasons...

1. We had family in town all weekend that we were entertaining... We haven't seen them for a couple of years and couldn't get out of entertaining... Which sucked.

2. The weather MIGHT have stopped me since I didn't have an enclosed trailer to transport it. We've seen almost 5" of rain in the last 2 days... So weeks of cleaning would have been destroyed on the way there.

But believe me... I WILL be there next year, because some of the cars I saw there today had HACKED paint jobs... Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing rides, as you can see here, but walking around I kept saying (to my wife) "Why's mine not here?". She was saying I TOLD YOU!!   :brickwall: But it just wasn't in the cards...

Finn

Cool pics thanks for posting!

Is it just me or does something not quite sit right with the full tail panel being painted satin black on the 68?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

:o  thats some clever airbrush paint work going on with some of them cars :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
  nice cars , i know its Chebby but liking that red  71 SS 454  :coolgleamA: , always like them :icon_smile_shy:

thanks for sharing the photos Jeff  :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Lennard

Thanks for the pics! :2thumbs: I like the ghost General Lee idea, was there also a flag on top of the roof?

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Charger74

Great shots Jeff.   I'm going to try to go to that show this weekend here in Des Moines.   But what, no pictures of the Hudson Hornet? How about that one with the Fonz hitting on your wife?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jb666

You laugh, as if I didn't take them... I DID! I posted them on my FB page and people were cracking up at how The Fonz was all over my wife and practically pushing me off the stage  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love the guy!!!!

Charger74

Quote from: jb666 on March 15, 2010, 12:09:06 PM
You laugh, as if I didn't take them... I DID! I posted them on my FB page and people were cracking up at how The Fonz was all over my wife and practically pushing me off the stage  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love the guy!!!!

I know, I saw them.  You should post them here too, it was a good laugh especially the comments....

billssuperbird

jb666

I know you guys were really digging this one, so I thought I'd post another... From Summit Racing's FB album...

Mefirst