News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

low ratio gear noise

Started by flyinlow, March 08, 2010, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

I have a 742 case 3.55SG axle. A little whine a 45-50mph with a light throttle. I have a 518 OD trans.

I was considering a new pig with lower grears.  If properly built how much noisier are 3.91 or 4.10's at cruising speed

oldkimmer

.............Some have slight noise, at that ratio there shouldnt b much when properly set up....................kim..........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hemidog

I have a little whine with a slight throttle on 40-60 mph, and I have 3.23 gears.

I was told it might be a worn ring&pinion.

Cooter

Really would have to hear the "Whine" noise..Some noise is normal when you are turning 3.55's at incredible speeds when in overdrive, but shouldn't sound like a Jet plane ready for take off....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"