News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

17" Magnum 500

Started by The Swede, March 01, 2010, 05:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swede

Hi,
is there anyone using 17" Magnum 500 from Specialty Wheel?
Pic please  :popcrn:

The Swede   ;D

471_Magnum

One word: HEAVY

If you want 17" Magnums, take a look at the American Racing AR 500s. Not cheap though. $300 ea if you shop around.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

375instroke

Don't know who made them, but they are steel 17X8 wheels.  Was thinking of getting them, but I think they look funny.  Don't like the aluminum versions, either.

bull

That does look goofy. I don't think that's a Specialty Wheel because when I was in their showroom a while back I saw some 17" Magnums that didn't look like that. That one just looks like an oversized rim on a normal sized center.

What I would do is email Kelly and ask him for a picture of their 17x8" Magnum (kellys@specialtywheel.com). That or I can stop by there Monday and take a picture for you. Their site lists them at $314.82 each but according to Kelly our discount knocks the price down to $266.97 per wheel. However, if that pic above is one of theirs I honestly wouldn't bother. :P

Here's how to use the Specialty discount (if you haven't seen it already): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62609.0.html

375instroke

The center looks bigger than normal, too, at the outer edge.  The distance from the black to the hoop, if that's what it's called.  I wonder what the 16s look like.  I want a larger rim if only it didn't look funny, but the bolt circle is still the same, so I guess one would have to go up to a Chrysler 300 or Chevy size to keep the proportions the same.  Hard to believe that 15" tires are going away.  We're having a hard time finding the right tires for our ChumpCar racer.  They are mandated to be 14".

bull

Here's what they're supposed to look like:

471_Magnum

Quote from: bull on March 07, 2010, 02:09:26 AM
Here's what they're supposed to look like:

Right. Those are the $550 ones from Wheel Vintiques.

Your $300 option:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300401251292

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

The Swede

Thanks for all info  :2thumbs:
375instroke thanks for the pic, I agree that they looks funny!
bull if it's no problem for you it would be great  :icon_smile_big:

The Swede  :icon_smile_big:

bull

Swede, I just stopped by Specialty and although I forgot my camera I found out that they do carry those goofy-looking ones posted by 375instroke above, or at least they look exactly the same as those. I think they look all wrong and I would not buy them if I were you. I'm actually pretty surprised they bother to build them seeing as how everything else I've seen of theirs looks very well done. If you really want 17s I'd get the Wheel Vintiques style.

The Swede

bull "you are the man"  :2thumbs:
That was what I suspected but no one of the companies that I asked would send me any pictures  :shruggy:
I'm not sure what way to go 17" or 15" with 235/70 front and 275/60 rear Redlines from dbtires.com

The Swede  :icon_smile_big:

Patronus

Too bad they only make front tires.... :rotz:
ceralously... who puts 4 255's on???? ... should run 14's
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE