News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why do we love Chargers so much.......

Started by xx29440charger, February 21, 2010, 11:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

Its a big car for a BIG guy lol....besides it'll be the only 68 in my town of 73,000 :icon_smile_big:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Mr.Woolery

I like the Charger's design elements.  I grew up in a family that actually didn't like musclecars (heresy, I know).  As a result, I didn't get the musclecar indoctrination that many others received as kids.  Instead, I was pointed in the direction of light weight small sports cars.  Very few musclecars caught my eye, with the exception of the Charger.  It's just plain beautiful!

It was funny to see the look on my Dad's face when I told him I bought a Charger.  His face twisted all up and he said, "You bought one of those huge old cars?  WHY?"   :smilielol:
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

451-74Charger

As Richard Hammond (BBC Top Gear) said. "Bad Guys Drive Chargers"

66FBCharger

The first time I watched Dukes of Hazzard (at age 14) I fell in love with the car. I didn't know what the car was. I looked through a bunch of old Popular Mechanics mags that had the new car previews in them to find out what year it was. I just absolutely LOVE everything about the styling of the exterior and the interior. I think that the designers got everything right on the '69 Chargers. The "coke bottle" shape of the body is sexy. The grill is perfect!
I have wanted one since the first time I saw one on TV. I should be getting one by the spring! I am super psyched!!!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

nelson_audet

1. the first tv show i have listen at the tv when i was young , was the dukes of hazzard
2. the first toy i remember  i was loving is my toy of the general lee
3. i love this car for all this curve, the hidden headlight.. the sound.. the dash , the interior... the rear window.. the flip top fuel cap  ON the quarter...

i love the 68-69 charger for this reasons.

i also love the 70 but i prefer 68-69

sorry for my poor english .i didn't write on the board many time because  i didn t write corectly in english but i can't resist to answer at this question
thanks
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

Ghoste

Quote from: nelson_audet on February 22, 2010, 12:47:11 PMsorry for my poor english .i didn't write on the board many time because  i didn t write corectly in english but i can't resist to answer at this question
thanks

Nelson, you can't let that stop you.  This isn't an english test, it's about sharing a common interest and a passion for a particular car.  Jump in wherever you want and we'll figure what each other are trying to say, don't worry.  :icon_smile_wink:

Chargerrtforme

Nelson, love your answer. Maybe you could start with " sorry for my poor English". But please comment more often. That's what the site is about.  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Quote from: nelson_audet on February 22, 2010, 12:47:11 PM
sorry for my poor english .i didn't write on the board many time because  i didn t write corectly in english but i can't resist to answer at this question
thanks

I know people that write worse English than you and they were born in the U.S.A.

nelson_audet

thanks a lot guy. a smile in my face now. i have stop to write on us board because a bad experience on a another board where a couple of member hurt me.. insult me because i live in quebec canada and i am not a english people.... i will try to write more my idea and opinion.. i know it is not a english test héhéhé only a ton of people here with a same major interest : dodge charger.

thanks!
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

69rtse4spd

Brother had three of them, just fell in love with them & still am. Told my wife of 22 years of marriage (29 years total) the first night we meet, the cars come first you come second.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FlatbackFanatic

:iagree:Mopar exhaust has a sound all its own. Nothing else come close. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

moparmoynihan

The Dukes of course! I felt that way as a child. Also the very begining of "The Fall Guy"s credit was the ending of "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry", that was always cool. But now that I'm older and have had a '69 for over a decade, the shear awesome-ness never gets old. Its the baddest, toughest, most agressive looking car, in my opinion to this day. When you're in the driver's seat and you see the hood and the front fenders, and when you look in the side mirror, at the quarter panal bulging up, thats heaven to me. I'm a Mopar fan period, but if you look into the design of Plymouth's compared to Dodge's in the late 60's and early 70's, Dodge has won hands down. They took there time and really thought out every panel of these cars. For me the 1969 Charger is just about as perfect as you can get.
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10