News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 b-body console bracket request and full size scan of basic shape

Started by 70charginglizard, February 06, 2010, 10:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

I want to fabricate my own console brackets but I need a little help.

I'm not paying 90 bucks for 3 stupid pieces of bent metal.

If anyone here has there console out or the 3 brackets for the console broken out if there tranny hump can you set them down on a piece of paper for me and trace there shape pattern. I dont need the widths. just the total length and the goofy angles they are bent to.

I already have the middle one I just need a trace patter for the fwd and aft one.

I would gladly pay someone at least 20 bucks for their troubles to do this for me. I just can't see paying 89 bucks on e-bay for them.  

No hurry but if your interested in takin on this task for my I'd much appreciate it.
70charginglizard

b5blue

I'm cutting mine out you can have them. PM me  :2thumbs:

stripedelete

Quote from: b5blue on February 07, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
I'm cutting mine out you can have them. PM me  :2thumbs:

Are you cutting the brackets out of a driver or out of a what's left of a car?

b5blue

Since my car was drag raced for 8 years before I bought it, it had: a console when new, switched to a 4 speed with no console, hump replaced to console and brackets re installed. I'm not re installing the console as it's a big expense to do correctly and I don't like it in-between the seats anyway. (they look cool but $$$$ needed else where.) I also have a bunch of 68 type console parts that are wrong for a 70 and of no use to me, they require re chroming.   

stripedelete

Quote from: b5blue on February 07, 2010, 01:26:57 PM
Since my car was drag raced for 8 years before I bought it, it had: a console when new, switched to a 4 speed with no console, hump replaced to console and brackets re installed. I'm not re installing the console as it's a big expense to do correctly and I don't like it in-between the seats anyway. (they look cool but $$$$ needed else where.) I also have a bunch of 68 type console parts that are wrong for a 70 and of no use to me, they require re chroming.   

I thought maybe if you were cutting them out of a shell you could send *lizard the brackets connected to a much "narrowed" hump.  This would save him time too, since the stamping marks would match up - no measuring.  Did mine like that years ago - took about an hour from cut-out to install and worked perfect. 

b5blue

I'll be able to cut the re welds, I've been meaning to do it anyway. (I still want the center section for now, so he needs what I don't want.)

70charginglizard

Sweet!

I will definately take um.

Just sent you a PM with my info.

Thanks a million my friend. :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Quote from: stripedelete on February 07, 2010, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: b5blue on February 07, 2010, 01:26:57 PM

I thought maybe if you were cutting them out of a shell you could send *lizard the brackets connected to a much "narrowed" hump.  This would save him time too, since the stamping marks would match up - no measuring.  Did mine like that years ago - took about an hour from cut-out to install and worked perfect.  

I've already got the middle one installed and in place so everything is being loacted for the fwd and aft bracket by attaching the fwd and aft brackets to the console and then dropping the console down and locating it on the hole positions for the middle bracket positioning marks and that should tell me where to position and permanently install the fwd and aft brackets. The only problem is that I don't have the fwd and aft brackets to do this with yet. But it looks like I will now. Thanks!  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

b5blue

70charginglizard

Quote from: b5blue on February 07, 2010, 05:55:50 PM
Here they are.  :2thumbs:

Awesome! You have no idea how long I've been waiting to find a decent deal on these two stupid little things that no one will ever see as soon as I bolt my console down on them.  Thank you So Much!

As soon as I get um I'm going to trace a 1/1 side pattern of these in case anyone else want to fabricate there own so I can someday return the favor to another member here.
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Got my fwd and aft console brackets from my new best friend Neal.

Cant express how thankful I am that you had those for me Neal. Thank you so very much.

And as promised to the forum. I traced these and made a full size scan for anyone else who needs to or wants to try to fabricate there very own console brackets for free instead of being gouged by the people who sell them on e-bay for an obserd price of 90 bucks.

Hopefully this will help someone on here.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

got the brackets in tonight. They work awesome!

Car finally shifts into park without me having to slam it.

Me likey. :D
70charginglizard

b5blue