News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

been trying to sell my 87 charger for a couple of months now

Started by moparstuart, February 12, 2010, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

my son sent me this message

Somebody decided it would be fun to put your car up on nice price or crack pipe.
Majority say you are on the crack pipe.
But eh read it anyways.
http://jalopnik.com/5468146/go-like-hell-for-8000#comments

I dont really want to sell this car i have owned it since early 1989 , so if i do sell it i will sell it for my price  :icon_smile_big: 

Todd Wilson

moparstuart

skip68

Hello,
I would like to purchase your "item" you have for sale.  I am in china for business but can send you a check for $20,000.   Once the check clears you can use the extra money for shipping and then send me the balance back.  I look forwards to to doing business with you on this "item".    I would love to make it back to the U.S. to see your "item" in person but can't right now.   Please send me your full name, address and bank that you will make the deposite at.

John Smith,

:nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Skyview69

Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2010, 04:54:55 PM
Hello,
I would like to purchase your "item" you have for sale.  I am in china for business but can send you a check for $20,000.   Once the check clears you can use the extra money for shipping and then send me the balance back.  I look forwards to to doing business with you on this "item".    I would love to make it back to the U.S. to see your "item" in person but can't right now.   Please send me your full name, address and bank that you will make the deposite at.

John Smith,

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :slap:

SG1022

Hello,

John Smith,

Chuck, I wouldn't advice sending that 20,000 check just yet or you will be overdrawn.  Wait till the prince of Nigeria pays you your cash first.

moparstuart

Hello,

John Smith,

send the money now . I will hold the car for you

69_500

Stuart you had better hold on to that car. I had #208 for quite a while and I'm still upset I let it go. The guy I sold the car to totally trashed it. When I sold the car it was still original paint and everything and had a little under the mileage for your car. 2 years later the car was up for sale again but by then he had blown the engine and had ran the mileage up to over 100K if I remember right and the interior was totally shot. I don't think he had ever cleaned the car nor taken any sharp objects out of his pockets before using the car. I should have held on to it, but I wanted a big block Charger instead and at the time I couldn't keep both.

bull

:iagree: Yea, why cut it loose at all? It doesn't sound like you need the money because $8k definitely isn't desperation territory. I wouldn't pay that much for it but I don't think $5k to $6k would be out of line. I dunno. Don't do something you'll regret. :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on February 14, 2010, 12:50:55 AM
:iagree: Yea, why cut it loose at all? It doesn't sound like you need the money because $8k definitely isn't desperation territory. I wouldn't pay that much for it but I don't think $5k to $6k would be out of line. I dunno. Don't do something you'll regret. :shruggy:
i have 4 more muscle cars waiting to be restored ,i like the car but after 20 years i just dont drive it much and the garage space would be nice . But i will not give it away . I have several more turbo dodges laying around too . Plus the TC masi I bought for my wife .

69_500

Stuart how original is the car? Just curious. Mine was bone stock and I loved it. I have looked at a few since I sold mine but they all seem to have several mods of one sort or another done to them.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 14, 2010, 12:10:18 PM
Stuart how original is the car? Just curious. Mine was bone stock and I loved it. I have looked at a few since I sold mine but they all seem to have several mods of one sort or another done to them.
never been touched regular maintainence , I put a clutch in it over 10 years ago and new non stock tires BF goodrich last year .

never messed with air cleaner or turbo or chips  alll bone stock , 45k

69_500

I will ask a few people I know around here that are into the Shelby cars if anyone is interested. Heck maybe even the guy who now owns my old GLHS would be. I'm still holding out a chance of picking up another of the Black IROC R/T Daytona's. I had a red one, and 2 green ones right after college but let them all go. I kinda like the Spirit R/T's as well had 3 of those but they were all red. I tried to buy a gold colored one but couldn't ever talk the guy out of it.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 16, 2010, 09:40:58 AM
I will ask a few people I know around here that are into the Shelby cars if anyone is interested. Heck maybe even the guy who now owns my old GLHS would be. I'm still holding out a chance of picking up another of the Black IROC R/T Daytona's. I had a red one, and 2 green ones right after college but let them all go. I kinda like the Spirit R/T's as well had 3 of those but they were all red. I tried to buy a gold colored one but couldn't ever talk the guy out of it.
when i sell it it must go to a good home ,  so ask everyone but the guy who trashed yours   :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Oh I don't talk to the guy who trashed the one I had. I do however talk to the guy who is going through the one I used to have and is doing a restoration on it now.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 16, 2010, 12:00:19 PM
Oh I don't talk to the guy who trashed the one I had. I do however talk to the guy who is going through the one I used to have and is doing a restoration on it now.
oh ok