News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The "Job" hunt is on

Started by 451-74Charger, February 01, 2010, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

451-74Charger

Finally, I get to start working on the Charger, after last time finding out we were having a son, an now this.

Ok, ill start with some background.
My department has been outsourced and I officially have 4 weeks left in my current job. (again). :eek2:
My wife has said that if I can find a similar paying position to start in 4-8 weeks, I can have my garage built. :cheers:

So now, I am looking at every single Job I can do and the issue is everyone is offering about 2/3 of what I make now. :shruggy:

Its looking like it may not be as easy to get this darn garage as I thought. I have been waiting 9 years to build it so far (and start work on the Charger).  :brickwall:

chargerboy69

I am there with you.  I have been laid off twice in the past year and a half.  Then, this past summer, my employer  closed their doors for good.  It is difficult finding a job out there that is not third shift assistant supervisor at Taco Bell. 

Best of luck in your search.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

451-74Charger

What most employers dont realise is the IT guy they pay $10hr for will jump ship as soon as a $15hr position opens up elsewhere. This actually costs the company more long term hiring employees over and over for the same low ball salary.

rt green

wish ya the best of luck. might end up with something better. ya never know.
third string oil changer

Smokey Bear

Arg. I feel your pain. I had just saved up enough to do my shop after 10 years and then my sewer system collapsed. I will never get there now and will make due with what I have.

Good luck to you!

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Mopar440+6

Good luck with the job hunt. I know how frustrating it can be especially if you're forced into taking a job that you don't really like or possibly despise.

Quote from: 451-74Charger on February 01, 2010, 12:01:43 PMWhat most employers dont realise is the IT guy they pay $10hr for will jump ship as soon as a $15hr position opens up elsewhere. This actually costs the company more long term hiring employees over and over for the same low ball salary.

I beg to differ. Although there are those few companies that are completely oblivious to everything, most employers do realize that in the long term, low-balling salaries costs them money. However, because of the current economic state potential employees are extremely plentiful and willing to take lower wages and companies are trying to cut costs, thus they will low-ball the salaries until the economy comes back around...  :Twocents:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

ErikH

If you are a veteran plug into the resources that DoD and VA have for you.  Call your local VA or Air Force Base/Army post.  Ask for the person running transition assistance program.  They have a lot of resources and job listings they can send you daily.
68 Charger R/T, 440/727
Blue with blue interior, black vinyl top, RT stripe