News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2010 is finally looking up for us!

Started by The70RT, January 24, 2010, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Well anyone following some of my threads know about all the stuff me and my wife has went through the last 6 month's or so. Our daughter (so called) we had over six years with left. (her decision because unruliness last June....don't think i posted that....that was devastating being attached for that many years with all we done to help her with no outside help with expenses). My operation, My Schnauzer passed, Wife was fired and rehired the same day because she took off the day we had to put him down. Anyway she has been employed with this millionaire lawyer for almost 14 years and has treated her like a slave and disrespected her badly over the last year. Hardly any raises and a cheap ass bonus once a year. He told her to not use him as a reference and she would never work in this state if he had anything to do with it. He also threatend to call the dean of her university and have her expelled.......yeah right. She worked overtime (late nights & weekends and the last holiday that everyone else had off) and was late for her classes because of the bastard. She couldn't use any of her comp time or even go on vacation without staying up all night before we left or coming back to a huge mess. Since the day Stumpy died me and her have been searching relentlessly for a different job for her (Legal Secretary to be a Paralegal soon) since he acted like our pet or her feelings don't matter. He told her he had 3 others that wanted her job......well he better get one or two now  :hah: I was looking in our Sunday paper last week and seen two openings at another firm. She put her resume in and boom she got a Paralegal job paying a 1000 more a month as well.   :icon_smile_big: The new boss said give him 2 weeks or she would be starting the new one tomorrow. She said (new boss) if he acts like a dick she will quit and start immediately. Also we have an attorney to get her back pay of $8,000 She is so happy she said ALL the money can go to help finish the Charger....  :boogie: :punkrocka: :woohoo:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

how cool is that!!! gotta love myrna!!! she is a champ!! glad things are looking up for ya dennis.. really glad for ya man.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Cooter

Well, it's about time somebody's life turned around in this thing we call life.....Good on 'ya Dennis...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

66chargerkid

I expect to see that Charger this summer!
Hell I will even come help if you need it

The70RT

Thanks for the words guys.

Quote from: 66chargerkid on January 24, 2010, 11:07:11 PM
I expect to see that Charger this summer!
Hell I will even come help if you need it

I will let you know when I get to the assembly part after the paint  :2thumbs:

b5blue

YAHOO!!! Great news! Best of luck for the new job!   :cheers:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

200MPH

Charger

BB1

Wow that is a lot to absorb.
I can not look back fondly on 2009.
Still working to get my ship in shape.  ::)

Good Luck to you and the Mrs.
Delete my profile

Troy

Sounds great! I had a friend who must have worked for the same lawyer...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twodko

It WILL be a better year ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to hear your wife has left that shyster pig and found an employer who appreciates her skills and professionalism!

I'm sure there MUST be good shysters out there.......somewhere. Our environment would be so much cleaner with far less pollution if we just recycle 99% shysters into compost and keep the last 1% in our gun sights.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

The70RT

Thanks everyone. We finally got a caught a break. I guess all the recent praying paid off as well  :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

All the stories I hear about working in a lawyers' office sound terrible.
My Ex worked for a few big firms here in the Silicon Valley, she was working as a Para for some real pricks with alot of money, this one firm she worked for four years, I won't mention the name...
So first had her working for one lawyer, then three, then five,.. then they laid off ten of the Paras early last Yr. incl. her. She's in contact with some old friends there that say now the Lawyers themselves have to do the filings and such...
The firm also stopped all their very expensive sponsorships and advertising...
  Anyhow I'm glad your getting some distance from that bad time.
  I remember the passing of your buddy and the trouble the millionaire guy was causing your wife, didn't know about the daughter thing though..
To Better Days.  :yesnod:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 25, 2010, 01:48:05 PM

All the stories I hear about working in a lawyers' office sound terrible.
My Ex worked for a few big firms here in the Silicon Valley, she was working as a Para for some real pricks with alot of money, this one firm she worked for four years, I won't mention the name...
So first had her working for one lawyer, then three, then five,.. then they laid off ten of the Paras early last Yr. incl. her. She's in contact with some old friends there that say now the Lawyers themselves have to do the filings and such...
The firm also stopped all their very expensive sponsorships and advertising...
 Anyhow I'm glad your getting some distance from that bad time.
 I remember the passing of your buddy and the trouble the millionaire guy was causing your wife, didn't know about the daughter thing though..
To Better Days.  :yesnod:

Thanks Brock. Seems like the same story everywhere. My wifes a better person then I am....I would be in jail by now.

Quote from: moparstuart on January 25, 2010, 02:46:12 PM
awesome dennis  congrats too   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargergirl

There are those in your life that think they can behave in any manner they like. You patient wife got through knowing that she was doing the right thing and knowing he is an unhappy a$$. So now he can be miserable on his own. People should stop mistaking kindness for weakness...Sounds like life has turned for you and I am SO happy for you!
Trust your Woobie!

mikesbbody

Thats awesome  :2thumbs: it's about time your luck turned around for the better  :cheers:

The70RT

Thanks again everyone. She woke up vomiting today. I work at a school and it is really going around lately. Maybe she will get fired again today  :lol:

chargergirl

She should go in and give it to him...then she could have a week or so of peace while he's sick in bed to end her slavery with. Got let go from a job once and felt wonderful by the time I got home.
Trust your Woobie!

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

The70RT