News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throwback Pepsi & Mt. Dew.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, January 15, 2010, 07:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

I prefer the real thing :scratchchin: :2thumbs:  LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 18, 2010, 07:20:03 PM
I prefer the real thing :scratchchin: :2thumbs:  LEON.

If I remember my retro commercials "the real thing" is Coca-Cola.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

I got plenty of Cokes too, look in the background above cans. :scratchchin:

TCB09RT

That real sugar makes a huge difference in the taste of the Pepsi, especially in glass bottles.
Of course nothing beats my home town favorite:
Faygo Rock & Rye, now with real cane sugar!

moparstuart

Quote from: TCB09RT on January 19, 2010, 02:06:17 PM
That real sugar makes a huge difference in the taste of the Pepsi, especially in glass bottles.
Of course nothing beats my home town favorite:
Faygo Rock & Rye, now with real cane sugar!
is that a cola ?  or what flavor is it  ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ipstrategies

I picked up some Throwback Dew, I can actually taste the orange (citrus flavor almost like sprite or 7up flavor) I compared to regular dew and the flavors are not as distinctive. I am going to stock pile some though I have only seen it in cans and plastic, glass would be great. 
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

moparstuart

As a kid in grade school i loved to run to the 7 -11 after school and get an ice ice icey cold DADS root beer in a bottle . Man i can still taste it just thinking about it .  It tastes so much better in the glass bottle .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TCB09RT

Rock & Rye is essentially a cherry cream cola.
Its totally delicious on its own, and goes very well with a dram of the spirits :cheers:

BB1

Delete my profile

Arthu®

Quote from: BB1 on January 19, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
I drink water or ice tea only.  :nana:

I actually prefer that too... I drank so much cola and other soft drinks with way too much sugar in them over the last years that I grew tired of them and switched to sparkling water and ice tea...

Btw interesting topic I never knew about the HFC.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

LoneStar Mopar

Manfred318,  The pure cane sugar Dr. Pepper is not a promotion like the Mt. Dew or Pepsi; instead it is a regular production item. It is made at the Dublin, TX bottling plant. It is the only plant that makes Dr. Pepper with the cane sugar, and that is the only way that the Dublin plant makes it. For some reason they only sell it in the small area around that plant. I only live about 250-300 miles from the plant and I cant get it. However if I travel about 70 miles north of here all of the gas stations and grocery stores have it. If you go to Dublin they will give tours and at the end give you a free cane sugar Dr. Pepper in the glass bottle. Also if you have any vintage glass Dr. Pepper bottles they will fill them and cap them for you. 

Manfred318

Quote from: LoneStar Mopar on January 24, 2010, 03:33:02 PM
Manfred318,  The pure cane sugar Dr. Pepper is not a promotion like the Mt. Dew or Pepsi; instead it is a regular production item. It is made at the Dublin, TX bottling plant. It is the only plant that makes Dr. Pepper with the cane sugar, and that is the only way that the Dublin plant makes it. For some reason they only sell it in the small area around that plant. I only live about 250-300 miles from the plant and I cant get it. However if I travel about 70 miles north of here all of the gas stations and grocery stores have it. If you go to Dublin they will give tours and at the end give you a free cane sugar Dr. Pepper in the glass bottle. Also if you have any vintage glass Dr. Pepper bottles they will fill them and cap them for you. 
Hmm..Thats pretty cool. I didnt know they made it. I saw some at the gas station I frequent and thought it was one of those limited time things. I wonder if they will keep it around here. I thought it was pretty good.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

elacruze

First thing I noticed when deploying to Iraq (Afghanistan too) is that the soda tastes...'different'. Not bad, but distinctly different.
I was surprised to find that the throwback Pepsi is just what we have over here.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 16, 2010, 10:06:30 PM

Were you stationed at Moody AFB?

BBD

Nah, my pops was stationed @ Robbins AFB and we lived out in Bonaire. :)
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: charger Downunder on January 17, 2010, 01:58:08 AM
So we are lucky as we dont grow corn like you do as we only have sugar in our pepsi and coke.

Yeah, I miss that about New Zealand.

No HFCS in everything.

It's crazy that it's in bread, soda, snacks, etc. here.

Gotta love that the U.S. federal government decided that it's so good for us (taxation, subsidies).  :D :icon_smile_big:

Not trying to be political here, just sarcastic.  :slap: :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!