News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger

Started by 69chargerrt440, January 27, 2010, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt440

Hey guys, is it weird for me a 13 year old to have a 69 charger r/t. my dad built the car from the ground up and my uncle painted it a our shop. tell me your opinion.
P.S  my dad has cars and a lot of parts for sale, if you need some thing he his it probily. :scratchchin:

these pics a old the car has big dish rims in the back now. it looks great.

P.S.S my dad is almost done restoring another 69 charger R/T, its for sale. if your interested look under cars for sale on dodgecharger.com it will say 69 dodge charger R/T.
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

moparstuart

How about some pictures of it ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

I've had a '69 Charger since I was 6......so I'd say no. Then again, it's not a fully restored R/T.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HighFlyingWedge69

What parts does he have? Where the pics?  :shruggy:

WHITE AND RED 69

A project at 13 is fine, but a fully restored car at 13? You have 3 more years till you can drive it. What are you going to do with it till then? Having such a nice car for your first is probably a bad idea, everybodys first car should be something that can be beaten on. Even though I would never give a restored car to a 13 year old, I sure would have liked to get one when I was 13 even a junker. Consider yourself lucky. PICS!!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Brock Samson

I'd say it ain't as odd as it used to be,.. Grandpas and dads have cars they build for their kids all the time...
but when i was a kid most families only had but one Brontosaurus,..
Seriously though, it's not uncommon for families to give the used car to the kid when they buy a new one or to even have three four or five cars in a house hold...
The folks across the  street from me bought their teenagers matching silver '09 Honda's, (ones a civic the other is an accord) for them when they graduated high school. but back when i was growing up in the Mesozoic having more than one car in a family was pretty unusual.
In rich families they buy their kids brand new BMWs and Even M3 and such.
In a family of motor heads (which mine certainly wasn't) i don't think it's very strange.
But do count yourself lucky as allot of adults here are working very hard to put their project cars on the road and have been for many years.
welcome to the club.

tan top

hello & welcome  , nice charger  :coolgleamA: 

was saving money from my first job at 16 & bought my charger at 17 ,  still have it now at almost 39 :yesnod: will be with me till the day i die !
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Rolling_Thunder

I  bought my 68 Charger when I was 15...    Here I am at 23 and I still have it...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

440charger68

my dad bought me my first car when i was twelve, its a 68 charger 318 was only 800 dollars. im almost 20 and i have it still, took a few years to restore but its been my daily driver since 16. I like the fact my car was a junker when i got it, i feel proud knowing it was me that brought the car back to life and idf it was given to me restored i dont think i would appreciate it like i do now. And i dont like many new cars anyways it seems like they dont have the same spirit as the old and older cars in my opinion have a time less look meaning no matter how old they get a charger will always be cool car. Alot of my friends are rich and own bmw's and suburu's and they thrash them they have no appreciation since there parent bought it for them :rotz:
life's a garden, dig it.

Mike DC

I sure wanted one at 13.  At that age I told my parents that they could be picking cars like this up cheap and the values were gonna shoot way up in the future.  They basically laughed it off.  

They're not laughing now.  

gram101

That's nice, I have wanted one since i was 5 years old, I'm 19 now and still don't have one. But once i get out of college and get a job I'll hopefully have the money and will be able to buy one. All i can tell myself is someday.

b5blue

Am I on Candid Camera? When I got my license my parents sold the extra car to the kid next door! (and didn't tell me, I was all "hey why is our Dart next door at that jerk Gary's house") You say your prayers tonight and Thank the Lord young fella!

69charger440

I wanted a charger when I was 13, but I got stuck with a 70 Cuda with a stupid 440 :rotz:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

b5blue

charger01

Quote from: 69charger440 on January 27, 2010, 09:41:39 PM
I wanted a charger when I was 13, but I got stuck with a 70 Cuda with a stupid 440 :rotz:

Iam assuming you are the father of 69chargerrt440?

Jake

Congrats dude! Great to have a passion! Sure beats drugs and drinkin! I had my first Charger at 15.  Rule in our house was no one could own a car, even if you could afford it with your own money as I could. My parents bent this rule for me.  I was able to buy the Charger and putz with it but NOT license it or drive it. Well that opened the flood gates so I dragged home all kinds of crap to the farm. They provided me with the farm truck to drive in HS. I saved for college since the 9th grade. Lots of life arm chair quarterbacks here so I wil throw my two cents in. Unless you have your college paid for Id put the car on hold and save for schooling. If that is paid for, save for a good reliable car, if that is paid for start saving for a house. If you all else fails just save save save. Work on the car when you got your career going, whatever or when ever that may be.

69charger440

Quote from: charger01 on January 28, 2010, 08:00:08 AM

You assume incorrectly!! I am only 13 years older the Him/HER (not sure).  I have ZERO kids. (I think) :nana:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

charger01

Quote from: 69charger440 on January 28, 2010, 10:29:26 AM
Quote from: charger01 on January 28, 2010, 08:00:08 AM

You assume incorrectly!! I am only 13 years older the Him/HER (not sure).  I have ZERO kids. (I think) :nana:

but related nonetheless :nana:  My 6 year old has a 69 charger as well.  just so happens to be in my name...and wont be in his for at least a couple decades......A dual quad 69 charger for a 16 year old....hope you are more responsible than any 16 year old I have ever met in my life, including myself. :icon_smile_big:

Road Dog

Got my Charger at 15 and it costs 900 bucks. Dad paid half. Got my drivers license in it too. Still have it and I'm approaching 47.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Back N Black

Quote from: 69chargerrt440 on January 27, 2010, 04:31:33 PM
Hey guys, is it weird for me a 13 year old to have a 69 charger r/t. my dad built the car from the ground up and my uncle painted it a our shop. tell me your opinion.
P.S  my dad has cars and a lot of parts for sale, if you need some thing he his it probily. :scratchchin:

So you have the keys in you position and the title in your name?  :o

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Back N Black on January 28, 2010, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: 69chargerrt440 on January 27, 2010, 04:31:33 PM

So you have the keys in you position and the title in your name?  :o

It's a GREAT feeling :coolgleamA:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic