News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which carb for strong 440?

Started by Duey, January 12, 2006, 07:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duey

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 22, 2006, 03:26:34 AM
you can buy a stand alone MSD rev limiter as well for $100 or so

Neil, would that work no prob on standard chrysler electronic ignition? I currently have standard dist (with the 35-38* welding mod to the weight slots) and 8mm Accel wires and a super coil... 

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

firefighter3931

Yep, the msd rev limiter works fine with oem chrysler ignitions. Oddly, it will not work with their own multi spark units....guess they want you to use a 6al when upgrading from a 5a or 6a.

The 6al is still worth buying, especially with the big cam having long duration and lots of overlap. Better starting and a complete burn of the mix in the combustion chamber.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Duey

Roger that, Ron.  Hey, just got a box of goodies in the mail....boy is that Pro-Form 850 a sweet piece of kit!!!  Got a whole bunch of Russel tubing and nickel-finish connectors, too...I'm thinking the 440's block is going "black" (less the polished-alum MP valve covers.)  If I'm not going to do period/motor-correct tuquoise, then it's going to look intimidating...  :D

Doctorpim, still going with EFI?  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

firefighter3931

Quote from: Duey on February 04, 2006, 06:28:02 AM
Roger that, Ron.  Hey, just got a box of goodies in the mail....boy is that Pro-Form 850 a sweet piece of kit!!!  Got a whole bunch of Russel tubing and nickel-finish connectors, too...I'm thinking the 440's block is going "black" (less the polished-alum MP valve covers.)  If I'm not going to do period/motor-correct tuquoise, then it's going to look intimidating...  :D

Doctorpim, still going with EFI?  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers,
Duey

Congrats, those proform main bodies sure are sweet  :drool5: :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs