News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hedman long tube headers

Started by Dino, January 06, 2012, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I have rusty and leaky headers on my 440 and just came across an ad for coated long tube headers in good shape for $75.  The seller is pretty sure they're Hedmans.  He had them in a 68 Coronet with no clearance issues.  Would it be a bad idea to bolt those onto my engine?  Not looking for power gains, just want the leak to be gone which I can do with a gasket but coated headers would definitely look better under the hood.  The engine doesn't really get too hot but I can only assume that coated headers would be better than my rusty ones.

The rest of the engine will have a mild purple cam, eddy performer intake with thermoquad carb, everything tunes for cruising.  As long as these wouldn't take away any low rpm torque I would probably want these.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chryco Psycho

Well you get what you pay for , Why is he selling , did he replace them with TTI after finding out how poorly they fit ?

greenpigs

A little bit of a pain swapping headers. Why not just get some dead soft aluminum gaskets & replace the blown out ones?

Some red scotch brite & elbow grease along with a Hi temp re paint will take care of things.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Dino

See?  That's what I love about this place.  Ask a question and get straigth to the point, no bs answers.  Thank you gentlemen, gasket and paint it is!   :2thumbs:

myk

What headers do you currently have on your car?

Dino

Quote from: myk on January 07, 2012, 02:40:09 AM
What headers do you currently have on your car?

I have no idea.  The previous owner had them installed when the engine was rebuild and he doesn't remember. He had to put a dent in one of the tubes to make it fit, ds as I recall.