News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a 1968 Charger

Started by 6pkrtse, December 31, 2009, 06:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6pkrtse

I found a 68 Charger (I should say re-found). The car looks to be pretty much complete minus the drivetrain possibly. Its hard to tell from where it sits on all four flat tires. I found this car 10-12 years ago & never was able to find out anything about it or the yard owner back then. I totally forgot about it until during the Holidays I was near where it used to be & decided to go by & take a look. It is still there. It is in a fenced in yard with a bunch of old boats, buses & a couple of other old cars. Nothing of any value. There is no name, phone # or signs anywhere on the property. The only thing I have is the address. I did a Google search & Google gave me the name of the place (possibly) & the phone # but the phone # comes up as disconnected. How can one go about finding out more info on who owns this property & to try to obtain this Charger? I left a note in the mail box but it doesn't look like anyone has been near this lot since the last time I was there. What is a total abandoned project car going for like this these days? 
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

covet66

You could try the local municipal government office for the property owner information

Tilar

Property tax office will have all the info you want.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

6pkrtse

Iwent by there again today. There was tires tracks going in & out of the gate (locked). So someone nust be visiting from time to time. I am going to call City Hall on Monday. I also have a commercial real estate buddy looking into it with his connections to see what he can find out on the property.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

DodgeChargerNeeded

If you have the address and know what city, state or possibly county it is in there is a lot of info to be found online.
Jeff

375instroke

County tax assessor web site will have the info for free.

charger01

your local county auditor site should have all the info on line.  at least they do around here.

rt green

third string oil changer

268RTs4ME

Your local police, or county sheriff department can tell you who owns the property, also fire dept.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 268RTs4ME on January 02, 2010, 05:50:05 PM
Your local police, or county sheriff department can tell you who owns the property, also fire dept.

The Fire Dept., Really? The fire dept I am apart of only learns who owns stuff when we get told what's on fire.

Ill go with everyone else and say go to the Municipal offices and check out who pays the property taxes.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

NGC414

As suggested before. Go to that countys auditor website. They all have a property search page, put in the address. It will give you the name of the owner. From there you should be able to hunt down a contact number. I hope this helps. In my business, I look up properties every day. The county auditor seems to be the easiest for what I do.

375instroke

Since you already have the address, why not write them a letter?