News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what are these parts for on a 1970 road runner ?

Started by rav440, December 22, 2009, 08:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rav440

BILL aka BILLSSUPERBIRD asked me if i could post these pics of these parts we think the 2 black things are for the rear widow even if they are , have no cluse as to where they go or what thier purpose is for . the other 2 tags i think are for a seat  :shruggy:

THINGS  :shruggy: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :scratchchin:

TAGS

thanks RANDY

& BILL  :cheers:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

moparstuart

I have seen those metal tags on my seat tracks or under the seats when reupholstering them
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: rav440 on December 22, 2009, 08:17:09 PM
... we think the 2 black things are for the rear widow even if they are , have no cluse as to where they go or what thier purpose is for

thanks RANDY

The black "things" are fillers in the back side glass area. They cover up the open space at the very back so you can't see the inner mechanical structure of the window regulator and quarter panel.... There should be two clips per insert. They will simply slide onto the sheetmetal structure with the smaller section of the filler pointing up. The longer side of the filler runs parallel with the car....... If I find some pictures before anyone with pictures replies, I'll post them.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

billssuperbird

rav440

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 23, 2009, 11:43:19 AM
Quote from: rav440 on December 22, 2009, 08:17:09 PM
... we think the 2 black things are for the rear widow even if they are , have no cluse as to where they go or what thier purpose is for

thanks RANDY

The black "things" are fillers in the back side glass area. They cover up the open space at the very back so you can't see the inner mechanical structure of the window regulator and quarter panel.... There should be two clips per insert. They will simply slide onto the sheetmetal structure with the smaller section of the filler pointing up. The longer side of the filler runs parallel with the car....... If I find some pictures before anyone with pictures replies, I'll post them.......

Troy

:popcrn:

billssuperbird

rav440

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

billssuperbird

:notworthy: :2thumbs: thanks for all the help. i will put them back on my car today. :yesnod: