News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dye Seats?

Started by dkn1997, December 30, 2009, 04:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Ok, some may have seen that I got a set of sebring convert seats for my charger.  I am in the process of making brackets for them to fit using the factory holes so I can always put my stockers back in.

Now...the ones I got (had to be one of 3 years to be able to adapt the electronic retraints) are white.  my interior is black. I have read many threads here and elsewhere of dye job successes... and the cost looks to be around $50.00 for a good kit. 

Now...I may have found something as an alternative.  Seat covers. can't believe I just said it but I found these
and they are clearly not the autozone walmart covers we all have seen.   

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140369992585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I poked around the web and covers from this manufacturer are pretty popular with the import and truck/jeep guys.  In fact, I could only find one bad review out of at least 15 I read..and that guy was mad because he brought his mint seats to the company HQ to make some deal for them to use them as a template for a cover that they did not currently make. It didn't go well and he ended up leaving pissed off. 

It's $125.00 more than dye, but certainly easier and I think it looks really good.  Any thoughts? 
RECHRGED

Back N Black

I did my seats about 3 years ago, most of that time they were sitting in my basement. I have about 500 miles with my ass sitting on them. They were white and i dyed front and rears black and it looks really good. I used SEM Landau black for dash pads, door panels and seats. I will post a couple of pics later.

Edit: couple of pics