News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Turn Signal Wiring Assistace Needed! Thank you!

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, December 14, 2009, 12:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Hello,

I just started disassembling my steering column in my 68 Charger and need to remove the pins from my turn signal indicator switch. How do you release them?  I put on my reading glasses (old eyes) and looked and it appears that there are a fingers on each side that lock it but the entrance is so narrow that  cannot get something in without causing harm to the connector. How do you release the pins?

Thanking you all in advance for your assistance.

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

268RTs4ME

This is for a coronet 68 should be same, maybe it will help

b5blue

If you mean the wiring connector they make a tool I've seen on eBay but I use a needle or pin.  :yesnod:

mopar_nut_440_6

Thanks for the assistance guys. A needle will have to do. Maybe a pair of gloves as well.

That diagram is great, is that from a parts manual? If so I need to get me one of those!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Nacho-RT74

yes thats a parts manual pic, but a FSM will do the job too with same or similar diagrams without the PN indexing
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

Just about any auto supply will have a pin extraction tool, not very expensive and saves a lot of grief.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mopar_nut_440_6

One more question.

Do you need to drive the steel pin which the rag joint couplers attach to out so that you can pull the steering column shaft out of the column? I tried but it seemed pretty snug and did not want to damage anything!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

tomfed

get your self an eyeglasses screw driver kit at dollar store,harborfreight.there will be the right size flat head screw driver that fits down in there perfect to get them out .i've done dozen's of these.hope this help.

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440