News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Destroying the Turbines

Started by Ghoste, December 18, 2009, 12:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

If there were way more turbine cars left then each one would be worth way less money.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: bull on December 19, 2009, 03:03:25 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 19, 2009, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 18, 2009, 04:19:35 PM

The idea of a turbine powered car was viable in the sixties when the fuels they could burn were relatively cheap but the simple fact is that turbines are very thirsty and there is no inexpensive fuel these days.

That pretty well sums it all up there!   There were many outfits trying turbine stuff back in the 50's and 60's  Kenworth even had a turbine semi truck. I've got a dodge M37 picture around here some where.

Todd

Yes, pretty much everything was very thirsty back then. Technology moved forward though...

Not like the turbines were. They had fuel thirst issuea as well as heat and noise.

Todd

Ghoste

Chrysler was doing a pretty good job as far as heat and noise though. 

troy.70R/T

Sad video. Is that Gas pouring out of the car just before they put it in the crusher????

Ghoste

troy.70R/T

not really to worried about the environment back then. Nowadays if Chrysler was destroying some cars they would have to pay some special company just to drain the tanks.