News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage floor snap tiles? RaceDeck **update pics***

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, November 16, 2009, 12:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 17, 2009, 09:28:03 AM
Did you pour a new slab under the Charger?
Did you put a header in along the top of the wall that was removed?  (you had to have put one in i suppose)
No new slab under the car...existing was done about 14 years ago & in great shape (save for the peeling paint)

Yes a 2x10 plywood sandwiched header was installed so there are no posts needed in the garage
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres the completed garage with new door installed & gutters....only thing left is to make up a PVC gate to replace the red wood one temporarily leaning in place
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TUFCAT

Geez, for that kind of money and effort, I would consider an add-on to park two cars.  :scratchchin: 

Nice floor though!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 17, 2009, 07:52:33 PM
Geez, for that kind of money and effort, I would consider an add-on to park two cars.  :scratchchin: 

Nice floor though!
Yeah i would have too but if you read in my above post my 40x100 lot size wouldnt allow me & still have some "back yard" space.....note the close proximity to my neighbors garage.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 17, 2009, 04:37:35 PM
Did you put a header in along the top of the wall that was removed?  (you had to have put one in i suppose)
No new slab under the car...existing was done about 14 years ago & in great shape (save for the peeling paint)

Yes a 2x10 plywood sandwiched header was installed so there are no posts needed in the garage

So the before picture above was taken before the new concrete went in?  When did the floor grate running the width of the door opening get cut in?  Thats what i was wondering..  I bet its nice to have that to keep water out of the garage. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Crikey! That thing is still dinky. Looks good though. :2thumbs:

jb666

Man you did an awesome job!! I can't believe how nice this came out!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 18, 2009, 09:36:31 AM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 17, 2009, 04:37:35 PM

So the before picture above was taken before the new concrete went in?  When did the floor grate running the width of the door opening get cut in?  Thats what i was wondering..  I bet its nice to have that to keep water out of the garage. :yesnod:

Yes I had the front section redone to incorporate the drain....everything pitches to the backyard & I used to get water under the door....no more ;)
The whole drive way needs to be done next....did the sidewalk & curbs earlier this year....only have one lung left :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on December 18, 2009, 12:55:22 PM
Man you did an awesome job!! I can't believe how nice this came out!!

Thanks Jeff....I didnt do it though....only wrote the checks :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kidsixpack

The orange and black looks really cool!   The garage really looks great too!  I went the cheaper route.

KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods