News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger unobtanium

Started by Ghoste, August 05, 2011, 07:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2011, 09:51:33 PM
normally it's a triwhatever that thing is called?.

Fratzog.....it's called a Fratzog but is many times referred to as a tri-star

stripedelete

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 10, 2011, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 06, 2011, 08:59:00 AM
R/T badge for the dash panel of a '68 Charger R/T!!

:shruggy:

he means the little round R/T that goes above the Speedo and Tach. in the dash facia, normally it's a triwhatever that thing is called?.

:shruggy: it wasn't on the '69s and '70s at all.

I have had one sitting in on a bookshelf with some wheat pennies, and broken watch, for 15 or 20 years.  Never knew it was unobtainium.  :shruggy:

A383Wing

Quote from: Sydmoe on August 10, 2011, 10:12:39 PM
normally it's a triwhatever that thing is called?.

Fratzog.....it's called a Fratzog but is many times referred to as a tri-star

yea...that's it

Chargerguy74

The parts I never found were complete NOS reflective V6K and V6Y side stripes for 73/74 Chargers. A complete V6R set with spare pieces and a couple V6K and V6Y pieces were all I found over years of searching. But, now they're being reproduced :2thumbs:
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Kern Dog

Are you referring to the "Delta" symbol? Thats what I have heard it called..... The triangle with concaves between the points.

Brock Samson

this is the standard fratzog... congrats on the 426 posts.. Newbie...  :lol:

Ponch ®

That plastic / rubber molding piece that goes between the front grille and the hood on third gens...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Stretch

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 11, 2011, 12:11:18 PM
That plastic / rubber molding piece that goes between the front grille and the hood on third gens...

Yep! Me too. The rear aswell!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

b5blue

The rubber bumper to fender seal and rubber strips for the front bumperetts on a 70 Charger.  :scratchchin:

Troy

Quote from: A383Wing on August 10, 2011, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on August 10, 2011, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 06, 2011, 08:59:00 AM
R/T badge for the dash panel of a '68 Charger R/T!!

:shruggy:

he means the little round R/T that goes above the Speedo and Tach. in the dash facia, normally it's a triwhatever that thing is called?.

:shruggy: it wasn't on the '69s and '70s at all.

wasn't it just a plastic little round thingy that covers a dash mounting screw? I didn't know there was a "R/T" one..all I have seen are the little "delta" or "triangle" style
Well, that particular emblem, while correct for a 68 Rally dash, never came on a Charger so therefore it isn't "unobtanium" for a Charger. It was for the "Dodge R/T" (Coronet). In that case, it is very hard to find.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Kern Dog

Quote from: b5blue on August 11, 2011, 03:57:01 PM
The rubber bumper to fender seal and rubber strips for the front bumperetts on a 70 Charger.  :scratchchin:

The bumperette rubber strips ?
There is or was a guy that advertised in Mopar Collectors guide that had SEVERAL sets of them. I bought a pair in 2007.

UH60L

Quote from: Bobby41909 on August 09, 2011, 10:03:28 PM
Quote from: UH60L on August 07, 2011, 11:51:58 PM
'69 charger chrome strips that go on the top of the doors (outside the windows).  I'm talking about new ones.  I could probably aquire used ones somewhere if I really tried, but I figured since the body shop lost/threw away the old ones and I put new chrome all the rest of the way around the window opennings, I might as well go new on the door tops too.

Anybody know where to get them new?

Those pieces are stainless.  Buy old and have them polished.  Quality is better then new stuff and it will look brand new.  I re-polished all of my original stuff and some of the pieces were bent.  All of them look brand new now.

Thanks to you and rolling thunder. I didn't know, just assumed they were chrome.  It ticks me off that the body shop lost them or threw them away, and of course they insist all the stuff was in the boxes I got back.  I swear, this is the most frustrating jigsaw puzzle I've ever tried to assemble (and the most expensive :-)   )

I'll try to get a used set and polish them up.  I had the shop install new pieces all the way around the top, that I got from year one or paddock ro somebody.  I ust figured on polishing the ones that were on the original doors.

Someone mentioned headlight switches for a '68 or '69.  I have seen many a '69 switch on ebay in the $300-$400 range.  '69 has the little arm for the vacuum headlights.  Appearantly that makes it much more expensive......I bought a used one somewhere 3 years ago for $25.00.  ( a car show swap meet I think)

charger Downunder

70 charger headlamp door bump stop rubbers these are not in the bumper kits that i have seen.
The gasket that goes between the hood and and hood mounted turn signals for a 70 charger.

[/quote]