News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remote oil filter mounting

Started by oldcarnut, December 14, 2009, 01:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Does anyone has a pic of where they relocated the oil filter using one of remote kits such as a Mr. Gasket 7682.  Now that I will have the K member dropped and repainted, I don't want to crud it up with oil on it everytime I change filters.  I must have scraped off 5 pds of Texas dirt and grime from it today to clean it probably due to oil collecting grit and grease. Are there any problems encountered from using them?  I pulled a couple posts from 06 but didn't see any pics.  Someone had said they put it under the fender well by the battery but I feel like that might not be a good place in case a leak happened and it goes right to the tires.

John_Kunkel

I wouldn't consider a remote filter just to keep the area cleaner. Since it's all fresh now it won't be that much more work to keep it clean.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 14, 2009, 04:12:22 PM

I wouldn't consider a remote filter just to keep the area cleaner. Since it's all fresh now it won't be that much more work to keep it clean.

:iagree:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldcarnut

I agree that it would be easier to keep clean once it's fresh but I always disliked the way it sits in there sideways just begging for spillage.  Got spoiled with the Chevy Trucks I've had where it's easy to drop down.

FJMG

One advantage of remotes is that you could increase the filtration capacity dramatically. Maybe you could fab up a 90 degree adapter to get the filter forward in front of the K and spun on from below? Or just cut up a plastic carton for oil changes to keep the K clean?

68 RT

I just lay a trash bag over my k member when changing the oil.