News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick E-body question

Started by Ghoste, December 03, 2009, 10:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Were elastomeric (color keyed) bumpers available on the Challenger?

71bigblock

Yes, but I believe it was '71 only...
1971 Dodge Challenger 383/727 #'s matching                 (oo׀===׀׀===׀oo)
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5 spd manual                         (o)≡≡≡≡≡≡(o)
2007 Dodge Magnum SXT                                              Oo (-+-) oO

71ChallengeHer

Yes, they were. Started in 1970.  :2thumbs:  Some could have both . Just on the front or just on the back. Depending on how it was ordered.

Ghoste

Okay thanks.  :2thumbs:  Have any of you actually ever seen a Challenger with them?

71ChallengeHer

I'm looking for a pic. I've finding some sources that say 70 and some 71.  :shruggy:

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

Ghoste

Wow, thanks Jackie.  You know, I do not believe I have ever seen one before.  Several Cudas but no Challengers.

71ChallengeHer

Your welcome  :cheers:   a little more info .... Bumpers offered:
• The standard chrome 197 bumper returned for 1971, but only for a brief time, due to new safety requirements. Elastomeric front and rear bumpers were offered in 1971, and were color coded,but were only offered in five colors, B5 blue, Y3 yellow, V2 hemi orange, C7 plum crazy, or J6 green. Starting in April 1971 all painted bumpers were cancelled except for Y3 yellow.

71ChallengeHer

another 71

Alaskan_TA

Painted bumpers were initially supposed to be available for 1970 Challengers, but it did not happen for some reason.

See this page from the 1970 service highlights booklet;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/serviceHighlights/70%20sh%20217.jpg