News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fendertime, need some help!

Started by Belgium R/T -68, November 30, 2009, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Getting time to put the fenders on but first I guess I should mount all the different kind of sealings I bought in the beginning of my
project because the catalog I ordered everything else from had these and said 68-70 B-body. When I tored my car apart I didn't find much of these things so I need some references. Checked FSM and Paul Heards book but can't find anything back from pictures.
So if anybody could help me with what I have here on my table and where it shold be placed I would be greatful, also if they should go on before
or after the fender goes on. ;)

Left top: Think I bought those ones from R/T spec with fasteners??
Right top: From Paddock, MO116A Innerfender seals
Left down: Paddock, FW6589 lower splash shield K-member
Middle down: Paddock, FSR02 Splash shield rubberkit
Right down: Paddock, CH2070 Splash guard seal

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

bill440rt

Hi Per!
OK, this should be pretty easy.

Left top: Think I bought those ones from R/T spec with fasteners?? : These go just above the metal splash shields that mount behind the rear tire. They mount on the inside top at the rear of the fender.

Right top: From Paddock, MO116A Innerfender seals: Hard to tell since it's all rolled up, but I'd have to say at the front inside of the fender at the top.
Left down: Paddock, FW6589 lower splash shield K-member: These get pop-riveted to the bottoms of the frame rails just above where the strut rods are. There are lefts & rights.
Middle down: Paddock, FSR02 Splash shield rubberkit: These thin seals get clipped along the edge of the metal splash shields, and make contact with the insides of the fenders.
Right down: Paddock, CH2070 Splash guard seal: These get clipped to the inner fender aprons, there are access holes behind the wheels/front suspension on the inner fenders. The driver's side gets mounted on the outside (wheel side), the passenger side gets mounted on the inside (engine side).
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Belgium R/T -68

Hi Bill :cheers:
About the first item, you mention rear tire - as in the rear wheeltire? If so where is the front of the fender?

Maybe I should learn the basics first, where is the front of the fender? I suppose at the grilleside?
Where are the fenderaprons located (what is it)?

Sorry for beeing kind of slow when it comes to the vocabulary of certain parts. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Checked the resto "database" here but couldn't find anything, some pics would be very useful.

Per