News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me compare Insurance prices.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 24, 2009, 05:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I just got my renewal from HEACOCK CLASSIC Ins.
They tell me they have changed the carrier to American modern Ins, whatever that means?

My coverage is 300,00 for liability and uninsured,
and the car is valued at 47,500.00 (agreed value, no inspection) at a cost of 371.00 a year. I'm in CT.

Whatcha got ?

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68X426

Without more details to go on, seems quite reasonable. In line with mine at American Collectors and I shopped it and got the best package/price (for me).

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Just 6T9 CHGR

Amer Coll Ins....

300/300
47.5k Agreed Value

$327 a year
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Aero426

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 24, 2009, 05:43:47 PM
I just got my renewal from HEACOCK CLASSIC Ins.
They tell me they have changed the carrier to American modern Ins, whatever that means?

My coverage is 300,00 for liability and uninsured,
and the car is valued at 47,500.00 at a cost of 371.00 a year.

Whatcha got ?

It is all going to depend on where you live as well as the limits you stated.   

American Modern is also known as Elite Collector Car.  A few years ago, they bought the book of collector car business from Aon Insurance, which was formerly handled by K & K Insurance (think Bobby Isaac).   My Superbird at 95k through them is $471. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on November 24, 2009, 07:48:50 PM
Amer Coll Ins....

300/300
47.5k Agreed Value

$327 a year
Wow, our cars our insured for the exact same amount.  I can save some bucks with your guy, I'll give them a call today.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 25, 2009, 06:12:58 AM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on November 24, 2009, 07:48:50 PM
Amer Coll Ins....

300/300
47.5k Agreed Value

$327 a year
Wow, our cars our insured for the exact same amount.  I can save some bucks with your guy, I'll give them a call today.  :2thumbs:
I just talked to my carrier. My coverage was for 6,000 miles a year. They brought that down to 3,000 miles a year for 302.00. I'm happy.

mauve66

yes mileage will will be part of the equation

mine is $9000.00 for $175 per year, i'm saving up the mileage so i can drive it all in one year....................... :D
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

89MOPAR

Grundy Insurance Inc   has a collector car policy with unllimited milage - as with any collector policy, the car cannot be used as your primary transportation.
    Pricses close to american collectors ins., whom i used to use.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Todd Wilson

I think I pay 14$ a month for my 71. Has to have a garage and not my daily driver. No mileage limit. With State Farm.

Todd

NGC414

Compairing rates from person to person is apples to oranges. The drivers age, history and insurance score can have more of an impact on rates than the agreed value or vehicle. The only way to get an idea is to actually call around and get the quotes.

Also consider the way they are covering your vehicle. Only "Agreed Value" guarantees they will pay the amount they agree to in the event of a total loss. This type of coverage is usually only offered by your collector car markets.

Almost every standard market I have used or came across uses ACV (actual cash value) or Stated value. People often confuse Stated value for "agreed" (including agents in some cases).

Stated Value means they will only pay UP TO the stated amount. This means you get what they determine the vehicles actual cash vale in the event of a total loss. This amount cannot exceed the stated value, but can be much less.

ACV (actual cash value) Is what almost every standard auto policy is. This means they will give you what they determine to be the value of the car in the event of a total loss. Most companies use different methods to get this number. Blue book, recent sales of like cars and so on.

If your not with a collector car market you might want to check, you more than likley have a Stated Value policy on your collector car.

I hope this helps.

Back N Black

I got my car appraised and we went with that value.  :shruggy:

JT01

My 69 Charger isnt done yet but I have $30,000 coverage on my 71 SS Camaro $16 a month through State Farm

mauve66

but like he said you have to watch the wording they use, stated value, actual cash value, agreed value, it will specifically state in your policy and if its ACV they will only pay what they think it is worth at the time of the crash, if you were in the process of sanding the paint down to repaint it and it got wrecked on the way to the paint shop they wouldn't look at it the same way as if it was coming back from the paint shop.  they will take it at its current state at the time of the claim
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

69charger2002

i added this 68 dodge coronet to my policy today. $12,500 agreed coverage, no mileage limit. yep cost me a whopping $79 to add to my hagerty policy. In fairness, i will say i have 6 others insured with them, and i also have a good driving record and over 25 years old.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Coronet-68-Survivor_W0QQitemZ280427740737QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414acbbe41
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

NGC414

For any car you want a guaranteed amount for, Agreed Value is the only way to go.

NGC414

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 03, 2009, 09:48:32 PM
i added this 68 dodge coronet to my policy today. $12,500 agreed coverage, no mileage limit. yep cost me a whopping $79 to add to my hagerty policy. In fairness, i will say i have 6 others insured with them, and i also have a good driving record and over 25 years old.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Coronet-68-Survivor_W0QQitemZ280427740737QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414acbbe41

Thats a nice looking Coronet! I realy like that color.

moparstuart

Quote from: NGC414 on December 03, 2009, 10:06:26 PM

Thats a nice looking Coronet! I realy like that color.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: nice score
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lizey

Quote from: 89MOPAR on December 02, 2009, 11:58:40 PM

Grundy Insurance Inc   has a collector car policy with unllimited milage - as with any collector policy, the car cannot be used as your primary transportation.
    Pricses close to american collectors ins., whom i used to use.

at 16 years old i cant imagine i can put my Charger with them, can I?
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

mauve66

since it didn't meet reserve how much did ya get it for, an absolute steal at the auction end price, but still not the reserve???????????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mikepmcs

American Modern $260 a year FOR 2 CARS, full coverage no deductible.  One at $30k and the other @ $23K.  No questions asked on the value that I gave them.

http://www.amig.com/
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?