News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for someone who restores grills

Started by 6d9 charger, September 12, 2009, 06:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6d9 charger

I HAVE A REAL NICE GRILL , NO MISSING PARTS OR CRACKS . I HAD SOMEONE LINED UP TO RESTORE IT
BUT I THINK HE HAS OTHER THINGS TO DO ,  I DONT WANT MY GRILL HELD HOSTAGE . I AM LOOKING FOR A QUALITY JOB NO QUICK FIXES .
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOMEONE TO SUGGEST . IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF THEY ARE AROUND NY, NJ, PA , CT OR DELAWARE . SO I CAN DELIVER .
THANKS
PETE

Rolling_Thunder

I've done one or two in my day - but i'm in CA and a full time college student and work 40 hours a week    :brickwall:     honestly - if it is not broken it is only hand tools and paint to restore it - maybe a new hardware kit from somewhere if you're a profectionist...      it is something you can do yourself   :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

Ive restored mine, you can see pics in archives. Not sure what kind of level of work you're looking for. You could do it yourself, its time consuming but you will learn a few things along the way. Shipping one is expensive also.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

6d9 charger

moparjohn

Keith Reed in Delaware does a wonderful job. I think Jason, of the Colonel  can get you contact info
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

6d9 charger

Keith was going to do it ,  but i think he has too much stuff going on now . and i understand that . we spoke a few times and i have called and e-mailed  him but no answer . i dont want to force a guy to take a job , i know how that will turn out .i was just looking for other options .

no318

Rod in Missouri does (atleast used to do) them.  Nice work.  (417) 581 2699.

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

police1

maybe PM the COLONEL here. he is a member and just had his restored... :cheers:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

Might help to list what you would be willing to pay to have someone restore it?  You want it done with clear, paint cans, etc?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dkn1997

Know this:  to pay someone to do this work will cost at least 1500-2500 if you want it done right.  I just did mine on my 68 after an accident.  granted I had to spend time reparing some damage, but it is very tedious work. 

There was a guy who I spoke with who would have delivered me a restored grill for about 2200.  I don't think he wanted a core either.  he owns a body shop and he's a member here, but forget the name....

I had about $1000.00 into mine and I can't even begin to tell you how much time.  I'd say it's a minimum 50 hour job. Even the parts that don't look damaged can be.  It's a sure bet that you whoever does the work for you will have to do at least some type of repair. 

If you want to gather parts and not go all over the place, try giving jason at gunslinger products a call.  He has a lot of the hard to find stuff like molding retainers and nuts, etc..  he also sells the trim

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51951.20.html
RECHRGED

charge-it

I`ve got 125 hours in my grill. I would have hated to pay someone to restore mine. The grill on my 68 Charger was near perfect as well with no missing parts. I did purchase all new trim for it from Gunslinger and it was worth every cent. I was also lucky to have some NOS emblems for it in my personal stash of parts for it. Good luck as the second generation Chargers have some of the best looking grills ever made and really make your car stand out.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

fc7freak

Harms Automotive did a 71 Sharkstooth grill for me and he really does good work.  I am sure he could do your grill also. 509-922-9115 Ask for Scott    See ya!