News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 decode

Started by 68r/t, November 11, 2009, 09:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68r/t

I,m hoping someone can decode this trans for me please    PK3 15845 3910 7908        I thought it was a 71or 72 so I bought a rebuild kit for it and went install it, but after pulling it apart I have found that  it has the 71 and earlier narrow front bush in the front clutch retainer and it has the 71 and up kickdown servo.
I have looked on the net and can find anything that really helps.

thanks

Ghoste

The build date is April 11, 1972 but the part number is incomplete.  Guessing by what you have and the build date I'm assuming it's 3515845 which is for a 71 or 72 behind a 383 or 400 two barrel.

John_Kunkel

It's always wise to pull a transmission apart before ordering rebuild parts, after 40+ years it's anybody's guess what you'll find inside.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RD

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 11, 2009, 06:18:26 PM

It's always wise to pull a transmission apart before ordering rebuild parts, after 40+ years it's anybody's guess what you'll find inside.

ding ding ding...

JK hit the nail on the head.  I have found many transmissions to have old and newer style VB's in them.  Hell, I upgrade stuff all the time just to ensure longevity.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

68r/t

Thanks for the replies, someone has been through this trans in the past even thou it has not been used since 1984, it has the early front clutch retainer and reaction shaft support, the trans looks in really good condition.
I bought an early model bush and sealing kit today so out of the late and early kits I should be able to piece this trans back together.